Burnley v Sunderland Prediction & Betting Tips, 28th August 201926th August 2019 / lee
Burnley v Sunderland EFL Cup Preview, 28th August 7.45pm
Premier League side Burnley have made some good impressions so far with the way that they have been playing. They make their entry into this season’s League Cup at turf Moor on Tuesday night as they welcome League One side Sunderland. Read our Burnley v Sunderland betting tips for more.
Burnley v Sunderland Betting Odds*
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on August 29th, 2019 at 6:35 p.m.)
Burnley News and Form
Even though Burnley are have only taken a W1 D1 L1 record in this season’s Premier league, they have been superbly competitive. After opening with a comfortable home win over Southampton, Burnley deserved a point at least instead of defeat out at Arsenal, and then they were only denied a win at Wolves on the weekend through an 87th minute penalty. So there is some good stuff being played by them at the moment.
They will be facing Liverpool at Turf Moor in the Premier League on the weekend, Saturday lunchtime in fact, so is unlikely that they are going to send out their strongest side for this one. The Clarets have lost six of their last seven League Cup fixtures, and made a exit in last season’s second round as they fell 2-1 away at Burton Albion. Burnley are on a three match losing streak at home in the competition.
Sunderland News and Form
So does Burnley’s lack of form/interest in the League Cup give Sunderland the chance of an upset? Sunderland who were one of the promotion favourites from League One last season, lost out in the play-off final against Charlton. They have made a strong start to this new League One campaign winning three of their four matches played (D1). In the first round of this season’s League Cup they made the trip to Accrington Stanley and produced a 3-1 victory.
The Black Cats have scored at least two goals in each of their last four league fixtures. The one negative against them is that they have conceded exactly one goal in all five games across all competitions this season. The Mackems have won five of their last seven away games in the League Cup although their last trip to the Premier league side ended in a defeat at Southampton in 2016.
Burnley v Sunderland Tips & Odds
Who will win – Burnley v Sunderland Predictions
Burnley are not likely to be at full strength, they are a club who are full of confidence at the moment as well as self belief. Sunderland are going to be putting far more importance on getting promoted this season than worrying about this cup. Home win.
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Wycombe vs Tranmere Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th November 2019
- Newport vs Grimsby Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th November 2019
- Belgium vs Cyprus Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Germany vs Northern Ireland Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Scotland vs Kazakhstan Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Netherlands vs Estonia Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Bradford vs Shrewsbury Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Gillingham vs Sunderland Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Swindon vs Cheltenham Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
Tags: Burnley, Burnley EFL Cup, Burnley v Sunderland, EFL Cup, EFL Cup odds, Sunderland, Sunderland EFL Cup