Bulgaria v England Prediction & Betting Tips, 14th October 201913th October 2019 / lee
Bulgaria v England Euro 2020 Qualifying Preview, 14th October 7.45 pm
England suffered their first defeat in a qualifier for a decade as they paid the price for a dreadful performance in the Czech Republic. That means they haven’t quite clinched a place at Euro 2020, but will be able to do so on Monday if they beat Bulgaria and Kosovo fail to beat Montenegro on the same night. Read our Bulgaria v England betting tips for more.
Bulgaria v England Betting Odds*
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on October 14th, 2019 at 9:30 p.m.)
Bulgaria News and Form
Bulgaria are bottom of Group A and aren’t going to qualify directly for Euro 2020. They played out a 0-0 draw with Montenegro on Saturday and have only produced five goals in their six qualifiers. So they shouldn’t put a huge amount of strain on England’s defence you would imagine. Bulgaria’s record in the group is D3 L3.
Bulgaria’s winless streak in all matches now extends to ten, losing half of those. Both teams have scored in six of their last eight fixtures though. Specifically, in European Championship qualification matches, Bulgaria have taken one win in their last eight such fixtures. They have scored exactly two goals in three of their last five at home, however. So far in this qualification group, they have been held to a draw by Montenegro and lost 2-3 against Kosovo at home.
Bulgaria v England Head to Head
England won 4-0 in the first meeting in this campaign
11 unanswered goals have been scored by England in their last three against Bulgaria
Bulgaria has scored one goal in their last nine against the Three Lions
Bulgaria remain winless from nine previous games against England
England News and Form
The positive for England is that they can’t exactly play much worse than they did in their 2-1 loss in the Czech Republic on Saturday. Despite taking the lead early through a Harry Kane spot-kick, England were laborious and lacking creativity and got hammered in midfield. It will be interesting to see what lessons they take from the loss because once again they looked very defensively fragile. While they have put in some good attacking displays, it has been far from perfect from them defensively.
The loss against the Czech Republic should have ironed out any complacency after having won their opening four games. That result leaves England top of Group A level on points with the Czech Republic but having played a game more. England were on a six-match winning streak in European Championship qualifiers away from home, scoring at least two goals in five of those, before Saturday’s loss. Will they be able to snap back into form and potentially lock in a place at next Summer’s finals?
Bulgaria v England Tips & Odds
Who will win – Bulgaria v England Predictions
Gareth Southgate won’t have been happy after Saturday as England just had nothing in midfield. They will likely have been shaken up and will come out with a better performance. Still, because they look poor at the back, England to win & both teams to score does have appeal.
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Wycombe vs Tranmere Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th November 2019
- Newport vs Grimsby Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th November 2019
- Belgium vs Cyprus Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Germany vs Northern Ireland Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Scotland vs Kazakhstan Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Netherlands vs Estonia Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Bradford vs Shrewsbury Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Gillingham vs Sunderland Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Swindon vs Cheltenham Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
Tags: Bulgaria, Bulgaria Euro 2020 Qualifying, Bulgaria v England, England, England Euro 2020 Qualifying, Euro 2020 Qualifying, Euro 2020 Qualifying odds