Bristol Rovers v Brighton Prediction & Betting Tips, 27th August 201926th August 2019 / lee
Bristol Rovers v Brighton EFL Cup Preview, 27th August 7.45pm
League One side Bristol Rovers will be taking on Premier League opposition at the Memorial Stadium on Tuesday night. With Rovers carrying a decent bit of home form with them this season, can they claim themselves a Premier League scalp? Read our Bristol Rovers v Brighton betting tips for more.
Bristol Rovers v Brighton Betting Odds*
Bristol Rovers 17/4
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on August 29th, 2019 at 6:35 p.m.)
Bristol Rovers News and Form
Four of the five games that Bristol Rovers have played this season have been on home soil. So has been a good advantage for them to get up and running. They are currently W3 D1 at the Memorial Stadium this season, conceding just one goal in those three games.
They have played four home games this season and have a clean sheet in three of those. In the first round of this season’s League Cup, they were at home and they took a 3-0 victory over Cheltenham.
With at least two goals scored in each of the last three home games, will they be able to pose a threat to the Seagulls? Interestingly Bristol Rovers have won their last four home games in the League Cup. The last time that the Pirates hosted a Premier League side in the League Cup was back in 2007 as they lost 2-1 against West Ham.
Brighton News and Form
Brighton opened their Premier League campaign with a stunning 3-0 away win at Watford. However, the Seagulls have not been able to build on that having taken just one point from their last two games. With no clean sheet in their last two, it will be interesting to see how they get on against Rovers who are the decent home team.
So this does appear to be a bit of a tricky away game for Brighton who lost in the second round last season at home against Southampton. Brighton have alternated between a loss and a win in their last five away games in the League Cup. Their record in their last nine away games in the competition is W4 L5.
Bristol Rovers v Brighton Tips & Odds
Who will win – Bristol Rovers v Brighton Predictions
This to be quite a close game especially if Brighton show up at the Memorial Stadium with a full-strength starting 11. However at the end of the day while the Bristol Rovers To Qualify option has peaked a little bit of interest, we will bank on the Premier League side finding a way to get through. Away win.
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Wycombe vs Tranmere Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th November 2019
- Newport vs Grimsby Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th November 2019
- Belgium vs Cyprus Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Germany vs Northern Ireland Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Scotland vs Kazakhstan Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Netherlands vs Estonia Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Bradford vs Shrewsbury Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Gillingham vs Sunderland Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Swindon vs Cheltenham Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
Tags: Brighton, Brighton EFL Cup, bristol rovers, Bristol Rovers EFL Cup, Bristol Rovers v Brighton, EFL Cup, EFL Cup odds