Bristol City v Wigan Prediction & Betting Tips, 27th October 201926th October 2019 / lee
Bristol City v Wigan Championship Preview, 27th October 1.30pm
The Robins are still going well inside the top six in the Championship and have won two of their last three games. They are going to be a tough side to beat at Ashton Gate for visitors Wigan. The Latics have produced mixed form and are starting the weekend down in the bottom six. Read our Bristol City v Wigan betting tips for more.
Bristol City v Wigan Betting Odds*
Bristol City 19/20
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on October 25th, 2019 at 9:35 p.m.)
Bristol City News and Form
Bristol City are still going well. In midweek they picked up a home win over Charlton, which was an immediate response to their heavy away defeat at Luton on the weekend. The defeat against Luton was only the second defeat of the season for the Robins and their only one in their last 12 league outings. At Ashton Gate, they are W3 D2 L1 and they are on a five-match unbeaten streak of form there. They have won back to back games on home soil, both of those by one-goal margins over Reading and Charlton.
The Robins have taken a clean sheet in half of their home games this season. They have also been leading at the halftime break in three of their six at Ashton Gate. Of the six goals that they have conceded on home soil this season, five of them have been in the second half of fixtures. There are only four teams in the division who have scored more league goals than the Robins have done. Will they deliver on the day to down Wigan?
Bristol City v Wigan Head to Head
Wigan took four points against the Robins last season
Bristol City are W2 D1 L1 in their four Championship meetings with Wigs
The two Championship meetings at Ashton Gate have gone over 2.5 goals
Bristol City are W12 D8 L6 in the overall head to head with Wigan
Wigan News and Form – Can the Latics land an away win at Bristol City?
Wigan have had mixed fortunes lately and there has been a big trend with their results. They have won their last three home games all with a clean sheet. They have lost their last three away games without scoring. Wigan are winless on the road this season in the Championship, taking only the one point from their seven games played. In that sequence of away games, they have scored just three goals.
Two of those were in their 2-2 draw at Hull. So that’s five games out of seven away from home in which they have failed to score. Each of their last six games have gone under 2.5 goals. Wigan have conceded at an average of 1.8 goals per game away from home this season. Obviously given their record, they have no clean sheet. Half of their away losses this season have been by a margin of at least two goals. Wigan are the lowest-scoring team in the division and also have the worst away record.
Bristol City v Wigan Tips & Odds
Who will win – Bristol City v Wigan Predictions
This looks as if it is going to be routine enough for Bristol City who are a good home side. Given that on their travels Wigan have barely laid a glove on the defences of teams, then the home win to nil looks like something of a banker here.
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Wycombe vs Tranmere Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th November 2019
- Newport vs Grimsby Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th November 2019
- Belgium vs Cyprus Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Germany vs Northern Ireland Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Scotland vs Kazakhstan Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Netherlands vs Estonia Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Bradford vs Shrewsbury Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Gillingham vs Sunderland Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Swindon vs Cheltenham Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
Tags: Bristol City, Bristol City Championship, Bristol City v Wigan, Championship, Championship odds, Wigan, Wigan Championship