Brighton v Derby Prediction & Betting Tips, 16th February 201914th February 2019 / lee
Brighton v Derby FA Cup Preview, 16th February 12.30pm
This could actually be quite a close game down at the Amex. Championship Derby like to play a good open game. Will they be able to come through as underdogs and reach the quarterfinals? Brighton will have their hands full as they have been struggling for wins. Read our Brighton v Derby betting tips for more.
Brighton v Derby Betting Odds*
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on February 13th, 2019 at 3:34 a.m.)
Brighton News and Form
Where have the wins gone for Brighton? The Seagulls are currently on a seven-match streak in all competitions without one (over 90 minutes). In the last round of the FA Cup, they were taken to extra time in their replay against Championship side West Brom. Fortunately for the Seagulls, Glenn Murray came on and rescued them with two extra-time goals. Looking back a little further Brighton have just two wins in their last fourteen games in all competitions.
Just one of those were at home. So it is not quite happening for them. In the third round of the FA Cup, they did pull off an upset in winning away at Bournemouth. Their home form has seen them go winless in four at the Amex and in that sequence, they scored just one goal. Brighton have scored exactly one goal in eight of their last eleven home fixtures. To be fair they have taken three clean sheet in their last five at the Amex.
Derby News and Form
So Derby will be looking at Brighton and probably not seeing too much to fear at the moment. The big focus for the Rams is trying to get a top six finish in the Championship. In midweek they may have had one eye on this FA Cup tie, because they could only manage a 1-1 draw out at bottom side Ipswich. But still, that leaves the Derby with just one defeat in their last 10 fixtures played across all competitions.
The draw leaves Derby on a four-match undefeated streak on their travels. In the third round of the FA Cup they did take out a Premier League side, the Rams winning a replay in a penalty shootout against Southampton. They followed that up with an away win against league one side Accrington. Given that Derby have only lost one of their last six on the road, there is every reason to believe that they can put up a serious challenge at the Amex stadium.
Brighton v Derby Tips & Odds
Who will win – Brighton v Derby Predictions
Brighton may just have enough on home soil to see off the underdogs. We can see it being tight and we can see goals flying around. Seagulls to narrowly prevail.
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Blackburn v Bolton Prediction & Betting Tips, 22nd April 2019
- Wigan v Preston Prediction & Betting Tips, 22nd April 2019
- Brentford v Leeds Prediction & Betting Tips, 22nd April 2019
- Sheffield Wednesday v Bristol City Prediction & Betting Tips, 22nd April 2019
- Stoke v Norwich Prediction & Betting Tips, 22nd April 2019
- Reading v West Brom Prediction & Betting Tips, 22nd April 2019
- Derby v QPR Prediction & Betting Tips, 22nd April 2019
- Rotherham v Birmingham Prediction & Betting Tips, 22nd April 2019
- Everton v Manchester United Prediction & Betting Tips, 21st April 2019
Tags: Brighton, Brighton FA Cup, Brighton v Derby, Derby, Derby FA Cup, FA Cup, FA Cup odds