Brazil v Peru Prediction & Betting Tips, 7th July 20196th July 2019 / lee
Brazil v Peru Copa America Preview, 7th July 9.00pm
Pre-tournament favourites Brazil will be expected to lift the Copa America title on Sunday when they meet Chile. This is a home tournament for the Selecao and while along the campaign, they have had their stresses, this looks a favourable game for them. How far will Peru’s resilience get them in Rio? Read our Brazil v Peru betting tips for more.
Brazil v Peru Betting Odds*
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on July 5th, 2019 at 7:53 p.m.)
Brazil News and Form
The Brazilians collected seven points from their group stage campaign at the Copa America. They were lacking some fluency and creative output in their first couple of games, a 3-0 win over Bolivia and a 0-0 draw against Venezuela. But then a 5-0 win over Peru in their final group stage game saw them come to life. How much bearing will that big win have in this one?
The Brazilians are W6 D3 in their nine games played in the 2019 calendar year. The impressive thing about that run of form is they have conceded no goals in their last seven games now. So under head coach Tite, they have become such a hard side to beat. They have reached the final without the injured Neymar and after the stress of beating Paraguay in a quarter-final penalty shootout, goals from Gabriel Jesus and Roberto Frimino saw the hosts take a 2-0 win over Argentina in the semis.
Brazil v Peru Head to Head
Brazil beat Peru 5-0 in the group stage of this campaign
The Brazilians have won five of the last six meetings
Peru collected a 1-0 win over Brazil in the 2016 Copa America
Both teams have scored in one of the last six meetings
Peru News and Form
Peru collected four points from their opening two group stage games against Venezuela and Bolivia. So realistically they knew that going into the final round of group stage matches where they met Brazil, they had done enough to get through as one of the best third-placed teams. But that was still some pounding that the Brazilians dished out to them. And Peru are a team who thrive on their defensive efforts.
Having reached the quarterfinals, they were up against Uruguay. Try as they might, Uruguay just couldn’t break the Peruvian defence. Peru survived twelve shots on target, dug out a 0-0 draw and won on pointless. They were heavily outplayed in their semifinal match against the reigning champions Chile, but somehow Peru came up with a 3-0 win after simply taking the odd chance that came their way. Will their defence be able to shut down Brazil? Chile have now finished in the top four in three of the last four editions.
Brazil v Peru Tips & Odds
Who will win – Brazil v Peru Predictions
There’s really no hint of an upset happening in that game. Brazil are not likely to slip up in this one, just because they are so hard to beat and are just not conceding goals. Peru aren’t going to find them as weak at the back as Chile were. Brazil to win to nil.
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Senegal v Algeria Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th July 2019
- Kilmarnock v Connahs Quay Prediction & Betting Tips, 18th July 2019
- Rangers v St Joseph's Prediction & Betting Tips, 18th July 2019
- Rovaniemi v Aberdeen Prediction & Betting Tips, 18th July 2019
- Celtic v Sarajevo Prediction & Betting Tips, 17th July 2019
- Senegal v Tunisia Prediction & Betting Tips, 14th July 2019
- Algeria v Nigeria Prediction & Betting Tips, 14th July 2019
- Madagascar v Tunisia Prediction & Betting Tips, 11th July 2019
- Ivory Coast v Algeria Prediction & Betting Tips, 11th July 2019
Tags: Brazil, brazil copa america, Brazil v Peru, copa america, Copa America odds, Peru, Peru Copa America