Bradford vs Shrewsbury Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 201918th November 2019 / lee
Bradford vs Shrewsbury FA Cup Preview, 19th November 7.45 pm
A 1-1 draw sets up this FA Cup first round replay. Bradford are favourites to make progress now with home advantage to come in midweek at Valley Parade. Still, if they were to get through it would be an upset as they face League One side Shrewsbury from a tier above them. The winner of this will host Mansfield in the next round. Read our Bradford vs Shrewsbury betting tips for more.
Bradford vs Shrewsbury Betting Odds*
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on November 17th, 2019 at 8:53 p.m.)
Bradford News and Form
Bradford couldn’t hold on to an early lead which they had taken at Shrewsbury in the first meeting in this tie. It wasn’t long before the Shrews were back on level terms with them, and Bradford did hang on a bit for sixty minutes to get the replay. The form of the Bantams is not bad at the moment with just the one loss suffered in their last seven played (W4 D2).
They have taken a win in three of their last four at Valley Parade, scoring exactly two goals in each of those victories. Overall this season Bradford are W6 D1 L3 at home in all competitions. They have only succeeded in one of their last six FA Cup ties and that was a penalty shoot-out win over Aldershot (in a replay) in last season’s competition. They have, however, won through in three of their last four home games in the competition.
Bradford vs Shrewsbury Head to Head
Bradford won both meetings in last season’s League One
The Shrews are winless in five against Bradford
Both teams have scored in two of the last seven meetings
Just one of the last nine meetings have gone over 2.5 goals
Shrewsbury News and Form
Shrewsbury will be kicking themselves for not having won at home against a lower-tiered opponent. They may not be too stressed though because they are in decent shape this season. They have only suffered one defeat in their last six games (W2 D3). It is their away form this season though which will be most heavily scrutinised ahead of this fixture. That is because they have taken just two wins on their travels this season (D3 L3).
The Shrews have failed to score in three of their last four away games. In total this season they have failed to hit the back of the net in five of seven away games. Shrewsbury have won two of their last three away games in the FA Cup (L1) and last season they took a win at Championship side Stoke before losing 3-2 at Premier League side Wolves.
Bradford vs Shrewsbury Tips & Odds
Who will win – Bradford vs Shrewsbury Predictions
This should be a great FA Cup tie and if the Bantams can get the bit between their teeth on home soil, they could win out. The away form of Shrewsbury this season has been far from spectacular and therefore a flutter on the home side qualify has appeal.
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Wycombe vs Tranmere Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th November 2019
- Newport vs Grimsby Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th November 2019
- Belgium vs Cyprus Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Germany vs Northern Ireland Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Scotland vs Kazakhstan Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Netherlands vs Estonia Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Gillingham vs Sunderland Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Swindon vs Cheltenham Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Rochdale vs Wrexham Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
Tags: Bradford, Bradford FA Cup, Bradford vs Shrewsbury, FA Cup, FA Cup odds, Shrewsbury, Shrewsbury FA Cup