Boylesports pay out on Chelsea Premier League title early7th February 2017 / lee
Is there any stopping Chelsea now on their march to the Premier League title this season? The Blues had a brilliant week, claiming a 1-1 draw at Anfield against Liverpool in midweek, before returning home and putting in a stunning performance to completely maul their London rivals Arsenal in the weekend’s big game. The Blues were 3-0 to the good by the time the visitors netted a late consolation.
The three points saw Chelsea move twelve points clear of the beleaguered Arsenal who had lost at home in midweek against the out-of-form Watford. So Chelsea landed the revenge for a 3-0 league loss at the Emirates earlier in the season and kicked a rival from the title race at the same time. It also heaped more pressure on Arsene Wenger who is now 8/11 to not be at Arsenal for the first day of the 2017/18 league season. Chelsea’s closest contenders in the league title race are Spurs who are nine points adrift.
With Arsenal and Liverpool out of the way in the last week, Chelsea head into a period of easier looking fixtures as they face Burnley, Swansea, West Ham, Watford, Stoke and Crystal Palace before their next severe test in hosting Manchester City in early April. The way Chelsea are going, they look unstoppable and who knows, could have extended their lead at the top by then.
Boylesports decided to pay out early on Chelsea winning the Premier League on the weekend after they had torn apart the Gunners. Boylesports spokesman Liam Glynn said: “Chelsea still have 14 league games to play but they look unstoppable and any of our customers who backed them to win the league can collect now.”
The Premier League Relegation scrap is massively entertaining and the bottom six in the table at the moment are being separated by just the two points. With the slumping of Crystal Palace, Middlesbrough and notably Leicester, things have gotten pretty interesting at the foot of the table. There has also been positives from Swansea, Hull and Sunderland recently too which have been thrown into the mix.
Sunderland hit Crystal Palace for a 4-0 victory on the weekend but the Black Cats are still 4/11 odds on favourites to be relegation, but Palace are now in at even money to join them in the Championship next season. Hull, who landed a shock 2-0 home win over Liverpool to give themselves a massive boost are 8/11 to drop. Boro and Swansea are rated at 6/4 while Leicester, who haven’t scored a league goal in 2017, have been pulled into 5/2 to be playing Championship football next season.
Mentioned offers may be restricted to new customers, T&C's apply. Older offers may be not valid anymore. See details directly at the bookmaker's website. 18+. Please Gamble Responsibly.
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- UEFA Europa League Draw & Odds - Round of 32
- Arsenal v Tottenham Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th December 2018
- Chelsea v Bournemouth Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th December 2018
- Middlesbrough v Burton Prediction & Betting Tips, 18th December 2018
- Leicester v Manchester City Prediction & Betting Tips, 18th December 2018
- Blackpool v Solihull Moors Prediction & Betting Tips, 18th December 2018
- Southport v Tranmere Prediction & Betting Tips, 17th December 2018
- Derby v Nottingham Forest Prediction & Betting Tips, 17th December 2018
- Southampton v Arsenal Prediction & Betting Tips, 16th December 2018