Bournemouth v Newcastle Prediction & Betting Tips, 16th March 201915th March 2019 / lee
Bournemouth v Newcastle Premier League Preview, 16th March 3.00pm
The Cherries earned a much-needed win last weekend in the league to snap a long winless streak that they were on. Will they be able to follow it up on home as they play host to Newcastle? The Magpies have done much better lately having taken three wins in their last four played. Read our Bournemouth v Newcastle betting tips for more.
Bournemouth v Newcastle Betting Odds*
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on March 14th, 2019 at 8.10 p.m.)
Bournemouth News and Form
Bournemouth earned a 2-0 win at Huddersfield last weekend. That was a relief for them after having taken just one point from their previous five. The Cherries have posted a W7 D4 L4 record on home soil this season and they have only lost one of their last six there. The loss in that sequence was in their last home game, a 1-0 reverse against Manchester City. Bournemouth have averaged 1.7 goals per home game as well this season with 60% of fixtures at the Vitality going over 2.5 goals.
In total, they have taken a clean sheet in a third of home games and have been trialling at the break only once on home soil this term. The blank against Manchester City snapped a five-match scoring streak of form that they were on at home. The Cherries have conceded 63% of their home goals in the second half of fixtures. Bournemouth have opened the scoring in nine of their fifteen home fixtures.
Bournemouth v Newcastle Head to Head
Newcastle took a 2-1 home win over the Cherries earlier this season
Four of the last five meetings have produced an away win
Things are even at two wins each and a draw in the last five meetings
Half of the last six meetings have ended in a draw
Newcastle News and Form
The Magpies have won three of their last five league games, suffering just two losses in their last eight. So they have eased relegation concerns well. Their away form is poor though with just a W2 D6 L6 return for the season. They have taken just the one point from their last four games away from home and are winless in six on their travels. Just 36% of their road game shave gone over 2.5 goals.
Newcastle’s lack of scoring has played a part in that as they magpies have just 10 road goals all season. Eight of those ten goals have been scored in the first half of matches. There has be no clean sheet for Newcastle in six away games. They have been level at half time in nine of their away games. To their credit, only five teams have a better defensive record in the league than they have.
Bournemouth v Newcastle Tips & Odds
Who will win – Bournemouth v Newcastle Predictions
Newcastle can make a nuisance of themselves, but we fancy the Cherries to get over the line. They have done alright at home this season and should be able to grab the victory, likely by a one-goal margin.
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Barcelona v Valencia Prediction & Betting Tips, 25th May 2019
- Newport County v Tranmere Prediction & Betting Tips, 26th May 2019
- Charlton v Sunderland Prediction & Betting Tips, 26th May 2019
- Atalanta v Sassuolo Prediction & Betting Tips, 25th May 2019
- Dundee United v St Mirren Prediction & Betting Tips, 23rd May 2019
- Stuttgart v Union Berlin Prediction & Betting Tips, 23rd May 2019
- Odds on the favourites for 2019/20 Big Five European Leagues
- Lazio v Bologna Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th May 2019
- Juventus v Atalanta Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th May 2019
Tags: Bournemouth, Bournemouth premier league, Bournemouth v Newcastle, Newcastle, Newcastle premier league, Premier League, Premier League odds