Bournemouth v Forest Green Prediction & Betting Tips, 28th August 201927th August 2019 / lee
Bournemouth v Forest Green EFL Cup Preview, 28th August 7.45pm
League Two side Forest Green have a big trip to the Vitality Stadium to face EPL side Bournemouth. The Cherries are, not too surprisingly, the red hot favourites to get through this tie. Can the visitors come up with something special? Read our Bournemouth v Forest Green betting tips for more.
Bournemouth v Forest Green Betting Odds*
Forest Green 13/1
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on August 29th, 2019 at 6:35 p.m.)
Bournemouth News and Form
It has been a mixed bag of results for Bournemouth so far this season. They are at W1 D1 L1 in their Premier League campaign. The one loss in that sequence happened on the weekend as they were beaten 3-1 at home by Manchester City. A positive for Bournemouth is that they have scored in each of their three games played this season. So with this on home soil in Dorset, the Cherries will be expected to have a comfortable time against lower-tier opposition.
There is also some good from behind Bournemouth in the League Cup who have won six of their last eight ties in the competition. Both defeats in that sequence incidentally happened by a one-goal margin at Chelsea. Bournemouth are currently on a five-match winning streak at home (including extra time) in the EFL Cup. They have scored at least two goals in each of their last four such games.
Forest Green News and Form
Forest Green set up this tie by beating Charlton in the first round in a penalty shootout. So that was a big success for Rovers against Championship opposition. It is just one defeat that Forest Green have suffered this season, which was a league loss against Port Vale. Last season Forest Green got past the first round of the EFL Cup before getting eliminated in a penalty shootout.
So that means their last two games in this competition have gone to penalties. Forest Green are actually undefeated away from home in their last three League Cup fixtures (W1 D2). But still it looks as if they are going to have to pull off a massive underdog story on Wednesday night.
Bournemouth v Forest Green Tips & Odds
Who will win – Bournemouth v Forest Green Predictions
There’s really very little sign of an upset happening in this one and even though Bournemouth will likely not be at full strength they should have enough depth in their squad to navigate this tie safely. Bournemouth to win to nil.
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Aston Villa v West Ham Prediction & Betting Tips, 16th September 2019
- Watford v Arsenal Prediction & Betting Tips, 15th September 2019
- Bournemouth v Everton Prediction & Betting Tips, 15th September 2019
- Sheffield United v Southampton Prediction & Betting Tips, 14th September 2019
- Wolves v Chelsea Prediction & Betting Tips, 14th September 2019
- Manchester United v Leicester Prediction & Betting Tips, 14th September 2019
- Tottenham v Crystal Palace Prediction & Betting Tips, 14th September 2019
- Norwich v Manchester City Prediction & Betting Tips, 14th September 2019
- Brighton v Burnley Prediction & Betting Tips, 14th September 2019
Tags: Bournemouth, Bournemouth EFL Cup, Bournemouth v Forest Green, EFL Cup, EFL Cup odds, Forest Green, Forest Green EFL Cup