Bolton v Aston Villa Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th April 201916th April 2019 / lee
Bolton v Aston Villa Championship Preview, 19th April 3.00pm
Bolton have to win this to have any chance of staying up this season. They are eleven points from safety with twelve to play for. Unfortunately for them, they are facing Aston Villa who are still in a big winning mood at the moment. The Villains look to have done enough to secure a top-six finish. Read our Bolton v Aston Villa betting tips for more.
Bolton v Aston Villa Betting Odds*
Aston Villa 4/11
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on April 16th, 2019 at 4:58 p.m.)
Bolton News and Form
Bolton are almost down and out. They lost 4-0 at Derby on the weekend which was their third defeat on the bounce. The Trotters have lost five of their last six in the Championship, home and away. Bolton are just W4 D4 L13 this season at home in the league and they have lost their last three on home soil. They have actually lost five of their last six at home now. Bolton have managed only 13 goals at home this season which is an average of 0.6 goals per game.
77% of their home goals have been scored after the half time break. The Trotters have conceded at an average of 1.5 goals per home game this season, taking a clean sheet in 14% of home games. All of the eight wins that they have taken this season, home and away, have been by a one-goal margin. Bolton have been losing at half time in 12 of their home games and they have no clean sheet in eight at home. They have conceded exactly two goals in each of their last three home games.
Bolton v Aston Villa Head to Head
Villa were 2-0 winners at home against the Trotters in November
Bolton won this corresponding fixture 1-0 last season
Each of the last three meetings have produced a home win to nil
Both teams have scored in two of the last six
Aston Villa News and Form
Aston Villa extended their winning streak to eight on the weekend with a good home win over Bristol City. That really boosted their playoff chances. It has been so impressive from Villa, but they have taken just the one clean sheet in their last six played, despite their winning streak. Out on their travels in the Championship they are W8 D7 L6 and they are currently on a four-match winning streak away from Villa Park, unbeaten in five.
Villa have averaged 1.4 goals per away game, taking a clean sheet in 24% of road games. They haven’t earned a clean sheet in any of their last three on the road though. The Villains have scored at least two goals in each of their last six games, home and away, and in each of their last three on the road. Two-thirds of their away goals have been netted after the half time break. Norwich and West Brom are the only two sides in the league to have scored more goals than Villa have done this season.
Bolton v Aston Villa Tips & Odds
Who will win – Bolton v Aston Villa Predictions
Aston Villa can keep their streak going as there hasn’t been much quality coming from the Trotters recently. Villa just look too powerful and strong for the hosts at the moment. Aston Villa to win & both teams to score looks solid.
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Wycombe vs Tranmere Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th November 2019
- Newport vs Grimsby Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th November 2019
- Belgium vs Cyprus Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Germany vs Northern Ireland Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Scotland vs Kazakhstan Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Netherlands vs Estonia Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Bradford vs Shrewsbury Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Gillingham vs Sunderland Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Swindon vs Cheltenham Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
Tags: Aston Villa, Aston Villa Championship, Bolton, Bolton Championship, Bolton V Aston Villa, Championship, Championship odds