Blackburn v Newcastle Prediction & Betting Tips, 15th January 201914th January 2019 / lee
Blackburn v Newcastle FA Cup Preview, 15th January 7.45pm
This could be an uncomfortable replay for Newcastle after failing to see off their Championship opponents at the first time of asking. Now it is the turn of the Magpies to kick off the tie as underdogs. Will the Premier League side fall? The winner hosts Watford in the next round. Read our Blackburn v Newcastle betting tips for more.
Blackburn v Newcastle Betting Odds*
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on January 13th, 2019 at 4:47 p.m.)
Blackburn News and Form
Blackburn have won back to back league games to kick off the new year and they have been very good wins as well over West Brom and Millwall. Sandwiched in between that was their 1-1 draw at St James Park in this FA Cup third round tie. They nearly got over the finish line as well but conceded an equalising penalty in the 84th minute. With Newcastle not going full strength in that first game, Blackburn could again be facing a weakened opponent. Rovers have had a good season on home soil where they have just lost twice in all competitions. They are W4 D2 L1 in their last seven there. They only negative in that form really is that they have no clean sheet in five. But they have only failed to score in one of the games in that seven-match sequence.
Newcastle News and Form
Newcastle slipped to a 2-1 loss at Chelsea in the top flight on Saturday and that continues their poor form. They have not collected a win now in any of their last six games in all competitions (D3 L3). In their last ten, they have managed just the one win, which was against current Premier League bottom-side Huddersfield. Rafa Benitez changed his starting line up a lot for the first game in this tie and with them needing to stay fresh in the scrap against relegation, they will likely do so again here. The Magpies have won just two games on the road this season in all competitions, both one-goal margin victories. They have earned only the one clean sheet in their last seven away from St James Park, but they have scored in six of their last seven on the road. Newcastle have lost two for their last three visit to Ewood Park.
Blackburn v Newcastle Tips & Odds
Who will win – Blackburn v Newcastle Predictions
Blackburn are in a good position to get through to the fourth round. They have home advantage now and Newcastle can’t be too interested in this tie at all. Blackburn look value to get the win in the match outright.
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Norway Women v England Women Prediction & Betting Tips, 27th June 2019
- Netherlands Women v Japan Women Prediction & Betting Tips, 25th June 2019
- Italy Women v China Women Prediction & Betting Tips, 25th June 2019
- Croatia U21 v England U21 Prediction & Betting Tips, 24th June 2019
- France U21 v Romania U21 Prediction & Betting Tips, 24th June 2019
- Chile v Uruguay Prediction & Betting Tips, 25th June 2019
- Ecuador v Japan Prediction & Betting Tips, 25th June 2019
- Sweden Women v Canada Women Prediction & Betting Tips, 24th June 2019
- Spain Women v USA Women Prediction & Betting Tips, 24th June 2019
Tags: Blackburn, Blackburn FA Cup, Blackburn V Newcastle, FA Cup, FA Cup odds, Newcastle, Newcastle FA Cup