Blackburn v Leeds Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th October 201817th October 2018 / lee
Blackburn v Leeds Championship Preview, 20th October 12.00pm
Blackburn were showing some solid form before the international break and will be looking to bag themselves a big three points in this duel with Leeds. Leeds are still trying to get their winning consistency back but they are still proving to be a very hard side to beat. Read our Blackburn v Leeds betting tips for more.
Blackburn v Leeds Betting Odds*
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on October 16th, 2018 at 9:07 p.m.)
Blackburn News and Form
Blackburn have picked up just the two wins in their last six games but have lost just one fixture in that sequence. So they have been hard to beat. They suffered their first home loss of the season in their last fixture at Ewood Park when Sheffield United took a 2-0 win there. That leaves Rovers at W1 D4 L1 at Ewood Park, so the winning form isn’t there. But a point on return to action against a genuine title contender wouldn’t be a bad return.
Only a third of their home games have produced at least three goals, so under 2.5 goals is our tip for the game at 4/5 odds* (betting odds taken on October 16th, 2018 at 9:48 pm). Rovers have yet to come up with a home goal this season in the Championship and they have also conceded five of their seven home goals in the second half of matches. The half time draw should be a decent proposition.
Leeds News and Form
Leeds have only been beaten once in the Championship this season and since that loss against Birmingham, they are W1 D2. They have yet to taste defeat out on their travels through with a W3 D3 record and they won their last road game which was out at Hull. Their last two wins out on the road have both been with a clean sheet. Both teams not to score in this duel is at 8/11 odds* (betting odds taken on October 16th, 2018 at 9:48 pm).
Leeds have a couple of big things going for them this season. They are the current top scorers in the second tier at the moment and they also have the joint second-best defensive record too having conceded nine in twelve. Leeds have scored in all six of their road games this season while their last three on the road have ended under 2.5 goals. This should be a close battle.
Blackburn v Leeds Head to Head
Three times these two met last season and Leeds took a win in all of them. Along with the Championship games, there was an EFL Cup success for Leeds. Leeds are actually then on a four match winning streak against Blackburn. In the five previous Championship clashes at Ewood Park, things are even with two wins each and a draw. Leeds have won the last two there 2-1.
Who will win – Blackburn v Leeds Predictions
We can see this being tight but Leeds should have the edge overall in terms of quality. We are going to back the visitors to get the win on the board but only by the one goal margin. Blackburn haven’t done enough on home soil for us.
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Chelsea v Tottenham Prediction & Betting Tips, 24th January 2019
- Burton v Manchester City Prediction & Betting Tips, 23rd January 2019
- Yeovil v Lincoln Prediction & Betting Tips, 22nd January 2019
- Forest Green v Grimsby Prediction & Betting Tips, 22nd January 2019
- Plymouth v Walsall Prediction & Betting Tips, 22nd January 2019
- AFC Wimbledon v Fleetwood Prediction & Betting Tips, 22nd January 2019
- Genoa v Milan Prediction & Betting Tips, 21st January 2019
- Bolton v West Brom Prediction & Betting Tips, 21st January 2019
- Napoli v Lazio Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th January 2019
Tags: Blackburn, Blackburn Championship, Blackburn v Leeds, Championship, Championship odds, Leeds, Leeds Championship