BetVictor Million Pound Bet claimed by 17,042/1 odds winner17th July 2018 / lee
The end of the World Cup 2018 also saw BetVictor’s World Cup Million Pound Bet competition close as well. This was a competition that was running throughout the tournament where punters were challenged to achieve the largest winning bet with the biggest odds.
This was available on all World Cup markets and this put a tremendous impetus on the BetVictor #PriceItUp builder. That feature allows punters to pick and choose options that could crop up in a match such as the number of corners, the number of shots and winning scores.
One lucky punter, who managed to create a staggering success with a bet at odds of 17,042/1 came out on top. The bet was placed on the Uruguay v Portugal round of sixteen match back on June 30th and the punter had picked not only the winning score but the exact number of corners for each side as well as the number of yellow cards that Uruguay was going to get.
The Winning Bet Read:
Uruguay to win 2-1
Uruguay Over 1.5 corners
Uruguay Under 2.5 corners
Portugal Over 9.5 corners
Portugal Under 10.5 corners
Uruguay Under 0.5 cards
Eoin Ryan, Head of Product at BetVictor, said: “Paying £1,000,000 to a single BetVictor customer is the perfect conclusion to what has been an incredibly exciting and successful Million Pound Bet campaign. We wanted to bring excitement and thrills to our customers’ World Cup betting experience, encouraging them to make their best bet, and the Million Pound Bet certainly delivered that. We saw consistent buzz across social media and customers enjoyed the transparency afforded by our real-time leaderboards.”
Ryan added: “Our #PriceItUp Builder continues to have great momentum and we’re certainly looking to build on its success ahead to the start of the new Premier League season and other major sporting events going forward. The concept of #BestBetWins is one that we’re interested in developing further as the football season returns later this summer.”
This is the second time that BetVictor have paid £1m to a single customer, following its Million Pound Goal campaign for the final of Euro 2016 between Portugal and France.
Mentioned offers may be restricted to new customers, T&C's apply. Older offers may be not valid anymore. See details directly at the bookmaker's website. 18+. Please Gamble Responsibly.
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Blackburn v Bolton Prediction & Betting Tips, 22nd April 2019
- Wigan v Preston Prediction & Betting Tips, 22nd April 2019
- Brentford v Leeds Prediction & Betting Tips, 22nd April 2019
- Sheffield Wednesday v Bristol City Prediction & Betting Tips, 22nd April 2019
- Stoke v Norwich Prediction & Betting Tips, 22nd April 2019
- Reading v West Brom Prediction & Betting Tips, 22nd April 2019
- Derby v QPR Prediction & Betting Tips, 22nd April 2019
- Rotherham v Birmingham Prediction & Betting Tips, 22nd April 2019
- Everton v Manchester United Prediction & Betting Tips, 21st April 2019