Betfair roll out Sam Allardyce Specials as new England manager confirmed25th July 2016 / lee
Sam Allardyce is now the manager of the Three Lions after being handed the top job. Will he be the one to come in and offer some inspiration to England to get them fired up after major tournament failure after major tournament failure in recent times? Something needs to change for England and task-master Allardyce, who is known for getting the best of our players, has been the heavy focus of attention at online betting site Betfair.
Betfair have 15 specials priced up in their sportsbook starting with an option of 7/4 on him losing away to Slovakia in what will be his first competitive match in charge of the Three Lions. That will be England’s opening World Cup 2018 qualifying match later in the year and they are also offering a quote of 11/2 that Wayne Rooney won’t be the captain for the match as well.
He has connections and perhaps interest in players that have been overlooked by previous manager Roy Hodgson, with Andy Carrol a 15/8 quote to come into Allardyce’s first squad, with Mark Noble, who a lot of people felt unlucky to have missed out on a place at International Champions Cup, a 9/4 quote to make it into the squad. But the biggest price that will have appeal to punters is the 3/1 option on Allardyce winning his first three games in charge.
Half of the last six managers (Glenn Hoddle, Steve McClaren and Sven-Goran Eriksson) to take over at England have won their opening three games of their respective reign. Along with their World Cup 2018 qualifying openers against Slovakia and Malta, very winnable matches, Allardyce’s reign will actually start with a friendly in August at Wembley. The opponents for that match have not be confirmed so that’s up in the air, but it still makes good appeal for Allardyce to get his tenure off to a brilliant start.
Of course, the bookmaker hasn’t gone without some fanciful options for punters. Allardyce is a no-nonsense man and doesn’t hold his tongue all that well, and he is a 25/1 shot to curse during his first press conference and 50/1 that he is supping a pint during it. England are am 18/1 shot to win the World Cup 2018.
Mentioned offers may be restricted to new customers, T&C's apply. Older offers may be not valid anymore. See details directly at the bookmaker's website. 18+. Please Gamble Responsibly.
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Wycombe vs Tranmere Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th November 2019
- Newport vs Grimsby Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th November 2019
- Belgium vs Cyprus Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Germany vs Northern Ireland Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Scotland vs Kazakhstan Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Netherlands vs Estonia Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Bradford vs Shrewsbury Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Gillingham vs Sunderland Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Swindon vs Cheltenham Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019