Bet Victor punter becomes overnight millionaire with Eder Euro 2016 goal18th July 2016 / lee
One Betvictor had one of those rare life-changing moments when the stars aligned for them and he became a millionaire overnight. Daman Chick, a punter from Birmingham, was in on BetVictor Million Pound Goal Promotion for the UEFA Europa League final and the fixture was settled by Portugal’s Eder in the 109th minute of the match against host nation France.
Chick had made the prediction that it would be Eder, a substitute in the game, who would score the opening goal of the final. He did, landing Portugal the victory and Chick the huge windfall. France had been heavy favourites to win the match with all of their scoring power, and Eder wasn’t a player who was heavily selected to net first.
For the UEFA Europa League Final, Antoine Griezmann lead the way (36.5% of predictions) followed by Portugal superstar Cristiano Ronaldo (18%) and Arsenal striker Olivier Giroud (15.8%).
Daman Chick said of his win: “It all started from when The Million Pound Goal was live. I was offered an entry by placing my first bet and the sixth bet I placed happened to be the winner.
“I went out of my way to make sure I earned as many predictions as I could with the money I could afford to play with.
“If I had properly sat down and analysed the goal scorer with the exact minute, I don’t think I ever would have gone for what I did!”
BetVictor Director of Sportsbook, Matt Scarrott, said: “As it happens, Eder’s extra-time goal for Portugal has indeed made one happy punter an instant millionaire – a life-changing sum of money, and we are thrilled for Daman.
“When it eventually came, The Million Pound Goal was a thing of beauty; Eder might not have looked a £5m player when at the Liberty Stadium, but you try telling that to Daman.
“Sunday’s final marked the biggest day in our history in terms of new customers, bar the Grand National. We are thrilled with the campaign and how it has been received by customers old and new, and look forward to similar campaigns going forward.”
Mentioned offers may be restricted to new customers, T&C's apply. Older offers may be not valid anymore. See details directly at the bookmaker's website. 18+. Please Gamble Responsibly.
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Wycombe vs Tranmere Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th November 2019
- Newport vs Grimsby Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th November 2019
- Belgium vs Cyprus Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Germany vs Northern Ireland Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Scotland vs Kazakhstan Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Netherlands vs Estonia Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Bradford vs Shrewsbury Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Gillingham vs Sunderland Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Swindon vs Cheltenham Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019