Belgium v Russia Prediction & Betting Tips, 21st March 201919th March 2019 / lee
Belgium v Russia Euro 2020 Qualifiers Preview, 21st March 7.45pm
Belgium start on home soil in Group I of Euro 2020 qualifying. They are the favourites to get through with the group win so will they be able to ease themselves ahead of Russia early? These are the two favourites to gain an automatic qualification from the group. Scotland also go in Group I. Read our Belgium v Russia betting tips for more.
Belgium v Russia Betting Odds*
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on March 18th, 2019 at 6:26 p.m.)
Belgium v Russia Preview
Even though qualification for Euro 2020 hasn’t even started yet, Belgium are one of the front runners to lift the title next summer. It would frankly be a major upset if the Red Devils did not qualify from their group. The last time that Belgium faced up to Russia was back in 2017 when they met for a friendly and that game produced a thrilling 3-3 draw. Belgium are undefeated against Russia from their five previous meetings, the Red Devils winning three of those.
Belgium did have a bit of a slip in their Nations League campaign as they didn’t top their group. A crushing 5-2 away loss at Switzerland in the final round of matches, meant that Belgium finished second to the Swiss on head-to-head. Belgium did win two home games in the group against the Swiss and against Iceland. Actually, the away loss against Switzerland saw a six-match undefeated streak of form that Belgium were on, snapped. Belgium have scored at least two goals in all but one of their last seven fixtures.
Russia did not do too badly in the Nations League. They did bottle things a little bit in their final match as they made a trip to Sweden needing only a draw to top the group. Russia lost that game 2-0. Coupled with a friendly international defeat against Germany that is back-to-back losses which Russia have taken ahead of their Euro 2020 qualification opener.
Before that it though they were on a six-match undefeated streak of form (90 minutes) extending back into their brave World Cup 2018 campaign. This will be the first major qualification campaign since going for Euro 2016 when they did book an automatic qualification spot. As World Cup 2018 hosts they did have an impressive campaign before running out of steam in the quarter-finals. Russia have only scored in one of their last four games so they have gone off the boil a bit up front.
Who will win – Belgium v Russia Predictions
In competitive mode, Belgium should have more than enough to take down Russia in this challenge. The Russians will always be more of a threat on home soil, so looking at Belgium to win to nil appeals at 21/20 odds* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on March 19th, 2019 at 3:50 p.m.)
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Wycombe vs Tranmere Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th November 2019
- Newport vs Grimsby Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th November 2019
- Belgium vs Cyprus Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Germany vs Northern Ireland Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Scotland vs Kazakhstan Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Netherlands vs Estonia Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Bradford vs Shrewsbury Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Gillingham vs Sunderland Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Swindon vs Cheltenham Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
Tags: Belgium, Belgium Euro 2020 Qualifiers, Belgium v Russia, Euro 2020 Qualifiers, Euro 2020 Qualifiers odds, Russia, Russia Euro 2020 Qualifiers