Basel v PSV Prediction & Betting Tips, 30th July 201929th July 2019 / lee
Basel v PSV Champions League Preview, 30th July 7.00pm
This tie lived up to its billing with a 3-2 win earned by the Dutch side on home soil in the first leg. But how costly will those away goals be in the end? Basel certainly have plenty to play for back on home soil in the second leg. Expect plenty more drama to come in this fantastic tie. Read our Basel v PSV betting tips for more.
Basel v PSV Betting Odds*
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on July 28th, 2019 at 4:05 p.m.)
Basel News and Form
Basel will be pretty happy in their defeat in the first leg of this tie. That was incidentally, their first ever loss against a Dutch side. This tie comes for them in between their opening matches in the new domestic season in Switzerland. So they are up and running already. However, from their three games played this season now Basel are W1 L2. They are yet to earn a clean sheet this season. Still they have plenty of output themselves with them having scored seven goals in those three games.
Their Champions League record stands at W48 D25 L46. They got nowhere last season, losing their first qualifying match in the Champions League against PAOK Salonika. That dropped them down to the Europa League where they failed to make the group stage after AP Limassol surprisingly got the better of them. Their dominance on the domestic front ended as well with them finishing second in the Swiss top flight last season. But still, at St Jakob Park they are not going to be a pushover.
Basel v PSV Head to Head
The first leg was the first ever meeting between the two clubs
PSV News and Form
Will PSV end up kicking themselves for giving up those goals at home? They will know now that most likely they can’t just sit back and defend for 90 minutes. That’s because Basel are a threat and the Dutch side may have to come up with a response. That was PSV’s first competitive game of the season and their three goals all came from different players. However, in the context of the tie, things could have been a lot worse for them.
PSV opened the scoring through midfielder Bruma in the 14th minute.But then with ten minutes left on the clock they were 2-1 down. Somehow Eindhoven turned the fixture on its head with an equalising goal from Sam Palmers in the 89th minute before Donyell Malen got the winner in the 90th. A dramatic finish and there is still a sizeable task ahead of them. In last season’s European campaign Eindhoven came through a Champions League play off qualifier to make the group stage. They bowed out of that group stage failing to make inroads against Spurs, Barcelona and Inter MIlan.
Basel v PSV Tips & Odds
Who will win – Basel v PSV Predictions
PSV dodged a bullet in that first leg at home thanks to those late goals. But still they are probably going to come under some heavy pressure as Basel usually have some goals in them. Hopefully this is a good as the first leg. Basel To Qualify.
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Wycombe vs Tranmere Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th November 2019
- Newport vs Grimsby Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th November 2019
- Belgium vs Cyprus Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Germany vs Northern Ireland Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Scotland vs Kazakhstan Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Netherlands vs Estonia Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Bradford vs Shrewsbury Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Gillingham vs Sunderland Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Swindon vs Cheltenham Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
Tags: Basel, Basel Champions League, Basel v PSV, Champions League, Champions League odds, psv, PSV Champions League