Barnsley vs Bristol City Prediction & Betting Tips, 1st November 201931st October 2019 / lee
Barnsley vs Bristol City Championship Preview, 1st November 7.45pm
Barnsley are stuck to the foot of the Championship table and don’t look to be going anywhere in a hurry. They are still stuck on just the one victory for the season. As for Bristol City, they will kick off the weekend in sixth place in the table and they can make the jump up to second place if they pick up three points. Read our Barnsley vs Bristol City betting tips for more.
Barnsley vs Bristol City Betting Odds*
Bristol City 11/8
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on October 30th, 2019 at 2:12 p.m.)
Barnsley News and Form
The Tykes suffered a loss at Huddersfield on the weekend, which leaves them on a 13 match winless streak of form at the moment. They are bottom of the Championship table. It has been a grind for them to say the least. Barnsley have taken good back-to-back draws against Swansea and West Brom before their loss at Huddersfield last weekend. Their record at Oakwell is W1 D3 L3 this season.
They are winless in six there, conceding at an average of 1.86 goals per home game. The Tykes are on a six-match scoring streak in the league (three at home), but they are not at the races defensively. Barnsley have gone without a clean sheet in their last eight (six at home). Middlesbrough are the only side to have scored fewer Championship goals than Barnsley this season. The Tykes though do have the worst defensive record in the division.
Barnsley vs Bristol City Head to Head
Bristol City took four points against Barnsley last season
Both teams have scored in each of the last seven meetings
Each of the last seven meetings have gone over 3.5 goals
Four of the last six meetings have ended in a 2-2 draw
Bristol City News and Form
Bristol City were denied a home win by Wigan last weekend, playing out a 2-2 draw. The Robins have lost only one of their last 13 league games now and that one loss in that sequence happened in their last away game, which was at Luton. The Robins are W3 D3 L1 out on the road this season in the league. They have been scoring well, averaging 1.7 goals per road fixture.
71% of Bristol City’s away games have made it over 2.5 goals. Part of the reason for that is that the Robins have yet to earn an away clean sheet. Both teams have scored in all but one of their road games. That may be a decent trend to consider for this one. 74% of the goals that the Robins have conceded this season have been in the second half of games. While they are nothing special at the back, Bristol City are the fifth-highest scorers in the league.
Barnsley vs Bristol City Tips & Odds
Who will win – Barnsley vs Bristol City Predictions
The Tykes are not in fine defensive shape and should be there for the taking. This could easily end up being another high-scoring meeting between the two clubs. But Bristol City have the quality in attack to land three points at Oakwell.
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Wycombe vs Tranmere Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th November 2019
- Newport vs Grimsby Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th November 2019
- Belgium vs Cyprus Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Germany vs Northern Ireland Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Scotland vs Kazakhstan Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Netherlands vs Estonia Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Bradford vs Shrewsbury Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Gillingham vs Sunderland Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Swindon vs Cheltenham Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
Tags: Barnsley, Barnsley championship, Barnsley vs Bristol City, Bristol City, Bristol City Championship, Championship, Championship odds