Barnsley v Luton Prediction & Betting Tips, 13th October 201811th October 2018 / lee
Barnsley v Luton League One Preview, 13th October 5.00pm
The Tykes are going strong in League One this season and they are sitting in fourth place with a game in hand on those above them. They welcome Luton to Oakwell on the weekend in a high-profile clash. The Hatters are on a great streak of form at the moment and certainly look as if they can challenge for the three points. Read our Barnsley v Luton betting tips for more.
Barnsley v Luton Betting Odds*
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on October 10th, 2018 at 1:49 p.m.)
Barnsley News and Form
The Tykes are going really well at the moment with only the one defeat happening for them all season. They are W6 D4 L1 in an impressive run of form. Despite all that, they have only won back to back games once this season and that was in their first two games of the season. Last weekend they collected a big 4-0 win at Peterborough but their home form hasn’t quite been as hot as their away form. They are W2 D3 at home, drawing three of the last four at Oakwell.
So the draw in the match outright appeals at 11/4 odds certainly* (betting odds taken on October 10th, 2018 at 2:03 pm). One of the most impressive aspects of their play this season has been how tight their defence has been. Daniel Stendel has seen his team concede just the seven goals this season and just three at home in five games at Oakwell. So looking under 2.5 goals because of that would make some sense. Going forward Barnsley haven’t held back either, as overall this term they have over two goals per game.
Luton News and Form
The Hatters took a bit of time to settle down into League One this season, but the newly promoted side have started to find their feet. They are on a five-match undefeated run of form (W3 D2) and are really starting to hold their own. They have suffered just the one league defeat in their last nine. They have conceded in each of their last three games so in the correct score market the 1-1 draw does have some appeal at 6/1 odds* (betting odds taken on October 10th, 2018 at 2:03 pm)/
Luton have scored at least two goals in each of their last three played. Away from Kenilworth Road though they have only posted the one win this season in six league outings (D2 L3) so that’s a negative. That lone away win happened in their last road game which was out at Oxford at the start of the month. They have just the one away clean sheet so far, and given the scoring power of Barnsley, it’s hard to see the visitors getting one in this one. But they will be competitive.
Barnsley v Luton Head to Head
This will be the first meeting between the two clubs since a Championship meeting back in the 2006/07 season when away wins were traded. Their only previous League One meetings were two seasons before that, again both of those ending in an away win. There has been no home win in this fixture in any of the last eight meetings, all but one of those ending in an away success.
Who will win – Barnsley v Luton Predictions
There are two very good sides here and just because of Barnsley’s home form recently with a clutch of draws, we are going to ride that trend and back this one to go the same way. Draw.
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Nürnberg v Borussia Dortmund Prediction & Betting Tips, 18th February 2019
- Huesca v Athletic Bilbao Prediction & Betting Tips, 18th February 2019
- Doncaster v Crystal Palace Prediction & Betting Tips, 17th February 2019
- Swansea v Brentford Prediction & Betting Tips, 17th February 2019
- Blackburn v Middlesbrough Prediction & Betting Tips, 17th February 2019
- Bristol City v Wolves Prediction & Betting Tips, 17th February 2019
- Chelsea v Manchester United Prediction & Betting Tips, 18th February 2019
- Wigan Warriors v Sydney Roosters Winner Odds & Preview
- Sheffield United v Reading Prediction & Betting Tips, 16th February 2019
Tags: Barnsley, Barnsley League One, Barnsley v Luton, League One, League One odds, Luton, Luton League One