Barnsley v Leeds Prediction & Betting Tips, 15th September 201912th September 2019 / lee
Barnsley v Leeds Championship Preview, 15th September 3.00pm
After winning their opening game of the season, Barnsley have failed to claim any more victories. So they pick things up sitting just one place above the drop zone. As for Leeds, they are proving to be as strong as expected, but they suffered their first loss of the season just before the international break. Can they rediscover their winning touch? Read our Barnsley v Leeds betting tips for more.
Barnsley v Leeds Betting Odds*
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on September 10th, 2019 at 1:17 p.m.)
Barnsley News and Form
Barnsley’s positive start to the season has quickly been forgotten. They won their opening game of the campaign, but have taken just two points from their following five fixtures. So they will be starting up the weekend sitting one place above the drop zone. Their home form reads W1 D1 L1 this season and they have conceded a total of five goals in their last two at Oakwell. The Tykes don’t exactly have an easy game here in which to try and turn around their form.
Barnsley were relegated in 2018 down to League One but put in a strong campaign in the third tier to bounce back immediately. So they are a newly promoted side trying to survive. They are the joint-lowest scoring team in the division currently with only the four goals have been scored. Five of Barnsley’s six games this season in the Championship have ended under 2.5 goals.
Barnsley v Leeds Head to Head
Leeds won both league meetings with Barnsley in the 2017/18 Championship
Four of the last five meetings have been won by Leeds
Both teams have scored in three of the last four meetings
Barnsley have lost two of their last three league home games against Leeds (W1)
Leeds News and Form
Leeds had their first wobble of the season just before the international break. That was in a 1-0 home defeat against Swansea. They had gone W4 D1 in their other five games of the campaign this season, so that was a considerable upset. Will they be able to shake that off and come back strongly with a victory? They remain with a 100% record from their three games out on the road, which is a big positive. Leeds have scored at least two goals in each of the three road games.
They have scored 70% of all their league goals in the second half of games this season. The Whites are yet to concede a first-half goal home or away in this campaign. Patrick Bamford is leading the way in the goalscoring charts for them with four goals to his name already this season. They did also win their last away game of the last season, so that is four-match winning streak away from home in the Championship that Leeds are on.
Barnsley v Leeds Tips & Odds
Who will win – Barnsley v Leeds Predictions
We don’t see the Tykes having enough to contain their Yorkshire rivals in this one. Leeds have done much better away from home this season than they have done at Elland Road. We expect their winning streak to continue. Away win.
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Aston Villa v West Ham Prediction & Betting Tips, 16th September 2019
- Watford v Arsenal Prediction & Betting Tips, 15th September 2019
- Bournemouth v Everton Prediction & Betting Tips, 15th September 2019
- Sheffield United v Southampton Prediction & Betting Tips, 14th September 2019
- Wolves v Chelsea Prediction & Betting Tips, 14th September 2019
- Manchester United v Leicester Prediction & Betting Tips, 14th September 2019
- Tottenham v Crystal Palace Prediction & Betting Tips, 14th September 2019
- Norwich v Manchester City Prediction & Betting Tips, 14th September 2019
- Brighton v Burnley Prediction & Betting Tips, 14th September 2019
Tags: Barnsley, Barnsley championship, Barnsley v Leeds, Championship, Championship odds, Leeds, Leeds Championship