Barnsley v Derby Prediction & Betting Tips, 2nd October 201930th September 2019 / lee
Barnsley v Derby Championship Preview, 2nd October 7.45pm
It has been a torrid season for Barnsley who have only gained one win all campaign. They head back into action on a three-match losing streak. Derby relieved a bit of pressure as they collected a win on the weekend, snapping a long winless streak of their own. Read our Barnsley v Derby betting tips for more.
Barnsley v Derby Betting Odds*
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on September 30th, 2019 at 5:28 a.m.)
Barnsley News and Form
Barnsley have had a miserable season. They lost 3-1 against Brentford at home on Sunday, their third straight defeat. That is just one goal that they have scored in their last four Championship fixtures now. Their overall form for the season is W1 D2 L6 and their one success did come on home soil. That was right at the very start of the season, a 1-0 success over Fulham. Six of their nine league games this season have ended under 2.5 goals.
The Tykes have conceded at an average of two goals per home fixture in this campaign. Two of their three losses at Oakwell have been by a margin of at least two goals. Overall this season home and away, five of their six losses have come by that margin. Their home record is W1 D1 L3 and they have opened the scoring in three of those five games. Barnsley are badly in need of a lift but with a three-match losing streak at home going, having conceded at least two goals in each of their last four at home, that’s a tough ask for them.
Barnsley v Derby Head to Head
Derby won both league meetings last season
The Rams are on a three-match winning streak in the Championship over the Tykes
Six of the last seven meetings in all competitions have gone over 2.5 goals
Barnsley have won one of their last three at home against Derby
Derby News and Form
The Rams earned a tight 3-2 home success over Birmingham on the weekend. They almost threw the game away as well because they had been 2-0 up early in the second half, but they allowed the visitors to tie things up. Jamie Paterson got the win for Derby in fifteen minutes form tie. Derby badly needed that win. It was just their second of the season and it snapped a seven-match winless streak of form from them.
Derby are W1 D2 L1 on their travels this season, their lone defeat in the sequence happening at Brentford. Their one away win happened at Huddersfield who are still winless for this campaign. Derby are struggling defensively, conceding at an average of 1.75 goals per road fixture. Three-quarters of their away games have made it over 2.5 goals. Derby have conceded 76% of their away goals in the first half of games and have been trailing at the halftime break in two of their four road games.
Barnsley v Derby Tips & Odds
Who will win – Barnsley v Derby Predictions
It may be worth having a look at the Tykes to come up with the wind on home soil. They are in poor form but are welcoming a Derby side who are prone to defensive lapses. Barnsley to collect three points.
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Sassuolo v Inter Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th October 2019
- Hoffenheim v Schalke Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th October 2019
- Manchester United v Liverpool Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th October 2019
- Wolves v Southampton Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th October 2019
- Bournemouth v Norwich Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th October 2019
- Aston Villa v Brighton Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th October 2019
- Crystal Palace v Manchester City Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th October 2019
- Tottenham v Watford Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th October 2019
- Leicester v Burnley Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th October 2019
Tags: Barnsley, Barnsley championship, Barnsley v Derby, Championship, Championship odds, Derby, Derby Championship