Barnsley v Brentford Prediction & Betting Tips, 29th September 201928th September 2019 / lee
Barnsley v Brentford Championship Preview, 29th September 1.30pm
The Tykes are struggling in the relegation zone in the Championship with only one win this season. They get home soil advantage for Sunday’s game but it’s not going to be an easy one under the circumstances. But Brentford are not that much better off, sitting three points above Barnsley. Read our Barnsley v Brentford betting tips for more.
Barnsley v Brentford Betting Odds*
Brentford Even Money
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on September 27th, 2019 at 5:13 p.m.)
Barnsley News and Form
The Tykes landed three points in their first game of the season, a good home win over Fulham. It’s been all downhill for them since then though as they have collected only two points from their last seven games. Their home record stands at W1 D1 L2 now for the season and they seem a bit clueless as to where the back of the net is. The Tykes have failed to score in four of their last five league games.
With only four goals in their eight games this season, they are the lowest-scoring team in the second tier. So that is a clear problem for them. They have conceded the opening goal in five of their eight games in this campaign but have only been losing at the half time break in two fixtures. So they could be worth backing to at least be level after 45 minutes. Barnsley have conceded seven goals in their four home games, with the one clean sheet.
Barnsley v Brentford Head to Head
Barnsley collected four points against Brentford in the 2017/18 Championship
Eight of the last nine league meetings have gone under 2.5 goals
Barnsley are unbeaten in four against the Bees
Both teams have scored in one of the last four meetings
Brentford News and Form
The Bees have posted a W2 D2 L4 record this season. That has left them sitting three points better of that Sunday’s opponents. They have not had a great time of things on the road though because they are only W1 L3 on their travels so far. That one victory happened out at Middlesbrough in their first road game of the new campaign. Just like Barnsley, Brentford have been having a tough time sticking the ball in the back of the net.
They have scored in just one of their last five games. Last weekend they played out a 0-0 draw at home against the struggling Stoke. From their four road games in the second tier, Brentford have scored only one goal. Barnsley are on the only side to have scored fewer league goals than the Bees have done this season. But as positive, Brenftord’s defence hasn’t been bad averaging under a goal per game against them. The Bees have scored the opening goal in just two league games this season.
Barnsley v Brentford Tips & Odds
Who will win – Barnsley v Brentford Predictions
It’s not hard to picture this being a low scoring game. Neither are in much form really and therefore it would be a close battle as well. With Brentford struggling away from home, it makes the most sense to at least stick with home advantage. Barnsley to win.
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Sassuolo v Inter Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th October 2019
- Hoffenheim v Schalke Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th October 2019
- Manchester United v Liverpool Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th October 2019
- Wolves v Southampton Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th October 2019
- Bournemouth v Norwich Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th October 2019
- Aston Villa v Brighton Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th October 2019
- Crystal Palace v Manchester City Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th October 2019
- Tottenham v Watford Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th October 2019
- Leicester v Burnley Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th October 2019
Tags: Barnsley, Barnsley championship, Barnsley v Brentford, Brentford, Brentford Championship, Championship, Championship odds