Barcelona v Valencia Prediction & Betting Tips, 14th September 201912th September 2019 / lee
Barcelona v Valencia La Liga Preview, 14th September 8.00pm
Barcelona have had a really slow start to their title defence in La Liga. It has been four points from their opening three games only. By their high standards, that’s a really poor return. Will Valencia, who have collected the same amount of points as Barca, be able to get anything out of this trip to the Camp Nou? Read our Barcelona v Valencia betting tips for more.
Barcelona v Valencia Betting Odds*
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on September 11th, 2019 at 2:15 p.m.)
Barcelona News and Form
Barcelona are W1 D1 L1 in their three league games this season. They kicked off on a sour note with a 1-0 loss at Athletic Bilbao and just before the international break were held to a 2-2 draw by Osasuna, in which Roberto Torres rescued a point for Barca with a late penalty. Sandwiched between those two misfires, was their one home game of the season, a 5-2 victory over Real Betis. Their lack of defensive strength will be a massive concern for them. They have been struggling with injury problems.
Notably, Lionel Messi has been missing, with Luis Suarez picking up a knock too. Messi could miss this and their midweek Champions League opener against Borussia Dortmund. Big summer signing Antoine Greizmann has netted twice for Barca this season. Now it is worth a look at Barcelona’s come from in the league. They are on an eight-match winning streak at the Camp Nou and are undefeated in thirteen there. They have scored at least two goals six of their last seven there.
Barcelona v Valencia Head to Head
Both league games last season were drawn
Valencia beat Barcelona in the Copa del Rey Final
Three of the last four league meetings have been drawn
Both teams have scored in each of the last eight league meetings
Valencia News and Form
Valencia have taken four points from their opening three games, just like Barcelona. Their first win came in their game immediately before the recent international break. That was a 2-0 home victory over Mallorca. All three of Valencia’s games this season have gone under 2.5 goals and naturally, they will probably show up at the Camp Nou with a defensive mindset from the off. It usually is a case of trying to contain for as long as possible.
Valencia were fourth-placed finishers in the league last season, which means they too will have Champions League action in midweek. They will be facing Chelsea in their group stage opener. Valencia won one more away game than what they won at home last season (W8 D6 L5) and they did earn a point against Barcelona away from home. They are generally a tough side to break down. But they did lose their one away fixture played in the top flight this season, a 1-0 reverse at Celta Vigo.
Barcelona v Valencia Tips & Odds
Who will win – Barcelona v Valencia Predictions
Barcelona have looked quite disjointed this season and both of these may have one eye on the start of the Champions League. So with Barcelona not being at full strength, there may be a decent chance of Valencia going and scrapping for a point in this one.
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Wycombe vs Tranmere Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th November 2019
- Newport vs Grimsby Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th November 2019
- Belgium vs Cyprus Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Germany vs Northern Ireland Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Scotland vs Kazakhstan Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Netherlands vs Estonia Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Bradford vs Shrewsbury Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Gillingham vs Sunderland Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Swindon vs Cheltenham Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
Tags: Barcelona, Barcelona La Liga, Barcelona v Valencia, La Liga, La Liga Odds, Valencia, Valencia La Liga