Azerbaijan vs Wales Prediction & Betting Tips, 16th November 201914th November 2019 / lee
Azerbaijan vs Wales Euro 2020 Qualifiers Preview, 16th November 5.00 pm
Azerbaijan have only collected one point from their six games in Group E and are obviously out of the qualification picture. Wales are just about hanging in there but have to get a win out of this one to potentially push things to the final round of qualification action. Even win though may not be enough. Read our Azerbaijan vs Wales betting tips for more.
Azerbaijan vs Wales Betting Odds*
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on November 12th, 2019 at 1:18 p.m.)
Azerbaijan News and Form
It has been a poor campaign by Azerbaijan, who, despite finishing bottom of Group E of Euro 2020 qualification, could still make the play-offs on the back of their Nations League campaign. It is only one point that Azerbaijan have managed in this group, scoring just five goals. They have conceded at over two goals per game on average as well.
There is little form from them in any type of match. They have lost five of their last eight games played (W1 D2) in both competitive and friendly action. Their home form isn’t all that bad in terms of them having lost only two of their last nine on home turf and they did pick up a 1-1 draw against Croatia in their last home qualifier as well. They are, however, winless in five European Championship home qualifiers (D1 L4).
Azerbaijan vs Wales Head to Head
Wales are on a four-match winning streak against Azerbaijan
Azerbaijan are D1 L6 in the overall head to head with Wales
Both teams have scored in one of the last four meetings
Wales have conceded in just two of the previous seven meetings
Wales News and Form
The chance of Wales reaching Euro 2020 is slim. They head into their penultimate match four points behind second-placed Hungary. Hungary aren’t playing in this round of action as they have only one more qualifier to play. That will be against Wales, in Cardiff on November 19th. So the situation for Wales is that they need to win this one and that game against Hungary as well. But Wales are two points back of Slovakia who could also have a say in the qualification race.
So there’s no easy path to next summer’s finals for Wales who are W2 D2 L2 in this campaign. The Dragons have only managed to produce six goals, which is only one more than what Azerbaijan have come up with. Wales are unbeaten in their last four games (competitive and friendly, and they have drawn their last two by a 1-1 scoreline against Slovakia and Croatia in this campaign. Wales have posted a D1 L3 record in their last four European Championship away qualifiers.
Azerbaijan vs Wales Tips & Odds
Who will win – Azerbaijan vs Wales Predictions
Wales only managed to get the home win over Azerbaijan thanks to a late strike by Gareth Bale. It was a poor performance that they put in and it suggests, with their current away form, that they could struggle to get the win they need to keep any faint qualification hopes alive. Draw.
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Wycombe vs Tranmere Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th November 2019
- Newport vs Grimsby Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th November 2019
- Belgium vs Cyprus Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Germany vs Northern Ireland Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Scotland vs Kazakhstan Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Netherlands vs Estonia Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Bradford vs Shrewsbury Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Gillingham vs Sunderland Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Swindon vs Cheltenham Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
Tags: Azerbaijan, Azerbaijan Euro 2020 Qualifiers, Azerbaijan vs Wales, Euro 2020 Qualifiers, Euro 2020 Qualifiers odds, Wales, Wales Euro 2020 Qualifiers