Austria v Poland Prediction & Betting Tips, 21st March 201919th March 2019 / lee
Austria v Poland Euro 2020 Qualifiers Preview, 21st March 7.45pm
Austria and Poland square up in Euro 2020 qualifying Group G and it is expected that they are the two who are going to take the automatic qualification spots as well. So this game is going to be about who can open up an early advantage. Read our Austria v Poland betting tips for more.
Austria v Poland Betting Odds*
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on March 18th, 2019 at 6:26 p.m.)
Austria v Poland Preview
It has been over a decade since Austria and Poland met. The last time they were together was in the Euro 2008 Championships. They played out a 1-1 draw in the group stage on that occasion. The head-to-head is pretty tight between them with Austria holding a W3 D1 L4 record against Poland. It has been hard to get a read on Austria who have mixed form of W3 D1 L3 in their last seven internationals. But they do have a nice bit of home form going with them having remained undefeated in their last three at home, taking wins over Sweden and Northern Ireland in that sequence.
All but one of Austria’s last six games have gone under 2.5 goals. Austria have not conceded a goal in their last three home fixtures and in the Nations League, they shut out Bosnia and Herzegovina and Northern Ireland. Looking back at the World Cup 2018 qualification campaign, Austria fell surprisingly short in the group where they should have been far more competitive. A good strong start on home soil here well set them nicely on the right path to Euro 2020.
Much like Austria, Poland are in inconsistent form at the moment. They have failed to win any of their last six played, losing three. Their last game was a 1-1 draw against Portugal in the Nations League. It just hasn’t quite been happening for Poland and they have lost a bit of their scoring edge as well. Poland have only scored one goal in their last three games in total which is surprising given the attacking talent of Arkadiusz Milik and Robert Lewandowski.
Poland only collected two points from their four games against Italy and Portugal in last year’s Nations League, drawing both of their away games 1-1. In their World Cup 2018 qualification group Poland comfortably won their section. However, at the tournament itself, there were clear signs that something was not quite right as they limped out after finishing bottom of their group, looking a bit lost in their approach to their games.
Who will win – Austria v Poland Predictions
So you have two sides here who both need a boost and a bit of a lift in form. Home advantage should be sided with in this one as Austria do have a good bit of current home form going for themselves. This is likely to be tight but Austria to win at 5/4 odds does have appeal* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on March 18th, 2019 at 6:26 p.m.)
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- France Women v USA Women Prediction & Betting Tips, 28th June 2019
- Venezuela v Argentina Prediction & Betting Tips, 28th June 2019
- Norway Women v England Women Prediction & Betting Tips, 27th June 2019
- Netherlands Women v Japan Women Prediction & Betting Tips, 25th June 2019
- Italy Women v China Women Prediction & Betting Tips, 25th June 2019
- Croatia U21 v England U21 Prediction & Betting Tips, 24th June 2019
- France U21 v Romania U21 Prediction & Betting Tips, 24th June 2019
- Chile v Uruguay Prediction & Betting Tips, 25th June 2019
- Ecuador v Japan Prediction & Betting Tips, 25th June 2019
Tags: Austria, Austria Euro 2020 Qualifiers, Austria v Poland, Euro 2020 Qualifiers, Euro 2020 Qualifiers odds, Poland, Poland Euro 2020 Qualifiers