Austria v Israel Prediction & Betting Tips, 10th October 20199th October 2019 / lee
Austria v Israel Euro 2020 Qualifiers Preview, 10th October 7.45pm
Group C action brings Austria and Israel together on Thursday. Five of the six teams in the group, including these two, still have a shot at qualification for Euro 2020. Austria starts in third place in the table, two points above Israel. It’s a big game for both. Read our Austria v Israel betting tips for more.
Austria v Israel Betting Odds*
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on October 9th, 2019 at 3:20 p.m.)
Austria News and Form
Austria trail group leaders Poland by three points and also have Slovenia head of them in the table. So they have some work to do and a W3 D1 L2 record has gotten them this far. Back in March this year Austria lost 4-2 in Israel, despite opening the scoring in the fixture. After failing to get a win in their first two qualifiers, Austria picked it up by winning three of their next four. Their last fixture saw them earn a good away point in Poland.
Austria’s defence has sharpened up with them having earned three clean sheets in their last four qualifiers. They have a good home record behind them in European Championship qualifiers as well. Austria are W6 D1 L1 in their last eight home qualifier matches. Each of the six wins in that sequence were with a clean sheet as well. As a betting trend for Austria v Israel, four of Austria’s last six European Championship home qualifiers they have won by a 1-0 scoreline.
Austria v Israel Head to Head
Israel are W2 D1 in their last three European Championship qualifiers against Austria
Austria have won only one of their last six against Israel
Both teams have scored in all but one of the last seven meetings
Austria are W4 D4 L2 in the overall head to head with Israel
Israel News and Form
Three points would be massive for Israel in this one, while defeat would leave them a mountain too big to climb to reach next summer’s finals. Israel went undefeated in their first three qualifiers, but defeats against Poland and Slovenia combined with a poor draw against Macedonia set them back. A point in the long run probably isn’t going to be enough for Israel, but it would maintain their head to head tie-breaker advantage over the Austrians.
The problem for Israel is their lack of form away from home in European Championship qualifiers. They have only gone W1 D1 L4 in their last six such fixtures. Each of their last four away qualifiers have gone over 2.5 goals as has seven of their last eight, so that could be a big betting trend. The 4-2 win at home that they took over Austria was fantastic, with Eran Zahavi netting a hattrick. They need a very special away night here.
Austria v Israel Tips & Odds
Who will win – Austria v Israel Predictions
Austria should have the quality at home to collect three points. It doesn’t matter at this point how they come, they just need to get them. Israel are capable of proving themselves a stubborn opponent, but they aren’t great away from home as shown in their group stage thumping in Poland.
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Sassuolo v Inter Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th October 2019
- Hoffenheim v Schalke Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th October 2019
- Manchester United v Liverpool Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th October 2019
- Wolves v Southampton Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th October 2019
- Bournemouth v Norwich Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th October 2019
- Aston Villa v Brighton Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th October 2019
- Crystal Palace v Manchester City Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th October 2019
- Tottenham v Watford Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th October 2019
- Leicester v Burnley Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th October 2019
Tags: Austria, Austria Euro 2020 Qualifiers, Austria v Israel, Euro 2020 Qualifiers, Euro 2020 Qualifiers odds, Israel, Israel Euro 2020 Qualifiers