Atalanta v Shakhtar Donetsk Prediction & Betting Tips, 1st October 201930th September 2019 / lee
Atalanta v Shakhtar Donetsk Champions League Preview, 1st October 5.55pm
Atalanta had a shocker in their first-ever match in the group stage of the UEFA Champions League. They were smashed 4-0 by Dinamo Zagreb. That was a rude awakening for the Italians. Can they respond this week as they face Shakhtar who were brushed aside in their opener by Manchester City? Read our Atalanta v Shakhtar Donetsk betting tips for more.
Atalanta v Shakhtar Donetsk Betting Odds*
Shakhtar Donetsk 16/5
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on September 28th, 2019 at 1:17 p.m.)
Atalanta News and Form
While they are going well in Serie A once again, Atalanta had a rough start to the Champions League. They were demolished 4-0 at Dinamo Zagreb on matchday one in what was their first-ever Champions League proper fixture. So they can’t afford to drop anything in this one. But that is a three-match winless streak of European form from Atlanta (D2 L1) in which they have failed to score as well.
That loss in Zagreb snapped a seven-match unbeaten streak of European form that Atalanta were on. They took third place in Serie A to get their Champions League place this season. They are on a 12 match undefeated streak of European home form though (W6 D6) with only one loss in their last 17 home fixtures in Europe (W10 D6). They lost in the playoff round for the Europa League last season.
Atalanta v Shakhtar Donetsk Head to Head
This will be the first meeting between the two clubs
Shakhtar Donetsk News and Form
Shakhtar were getting blown away by Manchester City a fortnight ago in Kharkiv. That is one win in eight from them in the Champions League (D3 L4). In last season’s group stage they only managed to win one of their six games in a group which also contained Manchester City. Shakthar did collect a win at Hoffenheim on matchday five of last season’s group stage, their second win in their last 12 Champions League group stage fixtures.
The Pitmen have been to Italy 11 times before and have won just one of those trips there (D2 L8). The last time they went there was to face Roma in the 2017/18 round of sixteen and Shakhtar lost 1-0. In their last six group stage campaigns, Shakhtar have qualified for the knockout stage six times. They need to call on some of that experience to dig out a result in this one.
Atalanta v Shakhtar Donetsk Tips & Odds
Who will win – Atalanta v Shakhtar Donetsk Predictions
That was some confidence-crusher for Atalanta on what was such a big occasion for them. Shakhtar can’t be gauged because of a defeat against Manchester City. So the visitors may be able to dig out a point against Atalanta who are finding their feet in the competition.
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Sassuolo v Inter Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th October 2019
- Hoffenheim v Schalke Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th October 2019
- Manchester United v Liverpool Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th October 2019
- Wolves v Southampton Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th October 2019
- Bournemouth v Norwich Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th October 2019
- Aston Villa v Brighton Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th October 2019
- Crystal Palace v Manchester City Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th October 2019
- Tottenham v Watford Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th October 2019
- Leicester v Burnley Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th October 2019
Tags: Atalanta, Atalanta Champions League, Atalanta v Shakhtar Donetsk, Champions League, Champions League odds, Shakhtar Donetsk, Shakhtar Donetsk Champions League