Aston Villa v West Brom Prediction & Betting Tips, 16th February 201914th February 2019 / lee
Aston Villa v West Brom Championship Preview, 16th February 3.00pm
It is a big Midlands derby to light up Saturday afternoon. The Baggies are still holding their ground in a push for promotion but have won only two of their last six. Can Aston Villa, who have drawn a lot of games lately, break them? Read our Aston Villa v West Brom betting tips for more.
Aston Villa v West Brom Betting Odds*
Aston Villa 6/4
West Brom 17/10
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on February 13th, 2019 at 3:34 a.m.)
Aston Villa News and Form
Aston Villa suffered a late defeat at Brentford in midweek which leaves them with just the one win in their last eight league fixtures. They have put together a four-match undefeated streak at home, but only going W1 D3 in that sequence. Overall this season Aston Villa have produced a W6 D8 L2 record on home soil in the Championship. They have posted a great average of 2.3 goals per home game and have scored at least two goals in each of their last nine at Villa Park.
62% of Aston Villa’s home games this season have ended up over 3.5 goals. Both teams have scored in 81% of Aston Villa’s home fixtures. A huge positive for Aston Villa has been their scoring, as they have hit the back of the net in each and every home league game played. Only two sides in the division have scored more league goals than Aston Villa have. Defensively is where Villa have fallen down because only two sides in the league have conceded more than they have done this season.
Aston Villa v West Brom Head to Head
There was a 2-2 draw between them at the Hawthorns in December
Each of the last two league meetings have been drawn
Two of the last six meetings only have ended over 2.5 goals
West Brom won their last league visit to Villa Park 1-0
West Brom News and Form
West Brom were involved in an entertaining 2-2 draw at home against Nottingham Forest on Tuesday night. That leaves them with a W2 D2 L1 record in their last five league fixtures. Overall this season away from home in the Championship, West Brom are at W8 D3 L4. The Baggies will be looking for their third straight away success in the division, and they have actually won six of their last seven away from the Hawthorns.
So they are a side in pretty decent form at the moment and of course will be up for this big derby match. West Brom have improved to three clean sheets in their last four away games after not managing a single one in their opening 11 away games. West Brom have scored in each of their last 15 league fixtures, including a seven-match scoring streak on their travels. None of West Brom’s last nine away games have ended in a draw. There are still the top scorers in the Championship, and only the top two of Norwich and Leeds have earned more away points then the Baggies have done.
Aston Villa v West Brom Tips & Odds
Who will win – Aston Villa v West Brom Predictions
The draw looks a good fit for the Midlands derby here. West Brom don’t look likely to lose, but just aren’t quite delivering enough wins overall in current form. Aston Villa certainly know how to stick in there for a point. Draw in the match outright.
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Atletico Madrid v Getafe Prediction & Betting Tips, 18th August 2019
- Wolves v Manchester United Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th August 2019
- Sheffield United v Crystal Palace Prediction & Betting Tips, 18th August 2019
- Chelsea v Leicester Prediction & Betting Tips, 18th August 2019
- Reading v Cardiff Prediction & Betting Tips, 18th August 2019
- Athletic Bilbao v Barcelona Prediction & Betting Tips, 16th August 2019
- Celta Vigo v Real Madrid Prediction & Betting Tips, 16th August 2019
- Sunderland v Portsmouth Prediction & Betting Tips, 17th August 2019
- Southampton v Liverpool Prediction & Betting Tips, 17th August 2019
Tags: Aston Villa, Aston Villa Championship, Aston Villa V West Brom, Championship, Championship odds, West Brom, West Brom Championship