Aston Villa v Brighton Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th October 201918th October 2019 / lee
Aston Villa v Brighton Premier League Preview, 19th October 3.00pm
Villa grabbed a vital win just before the international break to keep themselves out of the relegation zone. Can they build on that as they square up against Brighton on the weekend at Villa Park? Brighton also bagged a win in their last game, snapping a six-match winless streak. Just one point separates them in the table. Who gets all three on offer? Read our Aston Villa v Brighton betting tips for more.
Aston Villa v Brighton Betting Odds*
Aston Villa 11/8
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on October 17th, 2019 at 4:35 p.m.)
Aston Villa News and Form
The Villains received a boost of three points in their last league fixture. They collected a great 5-1 win at Norwich. That is only the one loss in their last four games now (W1 D2 L1) that the Villains have taken. Their home form is at W1 D2 L1 this season and they are on a three-match undefeated streak at Villa Park. They have drawn their last two there. Villa have now scored at least 2 goals in their last 3 matches and over 2.5 goals has appeared in each of their last three games too.
Aston Villa have tallied up 5 goals in their four home games this season and they have earned a clean sheet in two of those games. The three wins that the Villains have recorded this season the top flight have both been by at least a two-goal margin. Villa have been leading at half time in five of their eight league games this season, which is a really high return for the newly-promoted side.
Aston Villa v Brighton Head to Head
Aston Villa took a League Cup win over Brighton in September
The last three league meetings have been drawn
This is the first meeting since the 2016/17 Championship
Both teams have scored in each of the last four meetings
Brighton News and Form
The Seagulls finally nailed their second win of the season as they thumped Spurs 3-0 before the international break. That was some result for Brighton who were on a six-match winless streak of form (D3 L3). Away from home Graham Potter’s men are W1 D1 L2, their last road game ending in a 2-0 loss at Chelsea. Brighton have failed to score in four of their last six league games, so their output has not been terrific.
In fact, Brighton have only scored three away goals this season, while they have banked two clean sheets from their four road games. Just once so far this season have they been trailing at the half time break in an away game. Brighton have conceded 10 goals this season (home and away combined) and eight of those have been in the second half of matches. They are on a three-match run of away games without scoring themselves. Brighton have scored in just two of their last eight top-flight away games.
Aston Villa v Brighton Tips & Odds
Who will win – Aston Villa v Brighton Predictions
There is enough for Aston Villa to drive at and get three points. Brighton badly struggle for goals away from the Amex, but Villa haven’t had any problems getting the ball in the back of the net. This could be another good three points for Dean Smith’s men. Home win.
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Wycombe vs Tranmere Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th November 2019
- Newport vs Grimsby Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th November 2019
- Belgium vs Cyprus Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Germany vs Northern Ireland Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Scotland vs Kazakhstan Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Netherlands vs Estonia Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Bradford vs Shrewsbury Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Gillingham vs Sunderland Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Swindon vs Cheltenham Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
Tags: Aston Villa, Aston Villa premier league, Aston Villa v Brighton, Brighton, Brighton premier league, Premier League, Premier League odds