Arsenal v Rennes Prediction & Betting Tips, 14th March 201913th March 2019 / lee
Arsenal v Rennes Europa League Preview, 14th March 8.00pm
The Gunners have to mount a big fight back in this tie after collapsing to a 3-1 defeat out in France in the first leg. For Rennes, this will be just their second ever visit to England, but survive this one and it will continue their best ever run in UEFA competition. Read our Arsenal v Rennes betting tips for more.
Arsenal v Rennes Betting Odds*
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on March 12th, 2019 at 4:12 p.m.)
Arsenal News and Form
So the Gunners have plenty of work to do. The Gunners cruised through the group stage of this competition but they had to come back in the last round after losing the first leg away from home. That was against Bate, Arsenal winning 3-0 back at the Emirates after a 1-0 away defeat. Arsenal have won only three of the 13 UEFA competition ties in which they were defeated away in the first leg, one of those happening against BATE.
The Gunners need the minimum of a 2-0 scoreline in this tie against Rennes. Alex Iwobi had put Arsenal ahead early in the first leg. But the telling point was a red card before half time for Sokratis Papastathopoulos. This will be Arsenal’s 26 game against French opposition and their 13th on home soil.
Arsenal have won only five of their previous 12 home games against French opposition, losing three. The last time they hosted a French side they played out a 2-2 draw against PSG in the 2016/17 Champions League group stage. The Gunners have won four of five two-legged UEFA ties against Frenchs sides. They lost their last one though, against Monaco in the 2014/15 Champions League.
Rennes News and Form
This is the most successful UEFA competition campaign from Rennes in their history. They only got through to the knockout stages by the skin of their teeth, winning a must-win match on matchday six. They then pulled off an upset in beats Real Bets in the round of 32. Their only previous experience against English opposition before this meeting with Arsenal was a 2001 Intertoto cup semi-final against Aston Villa in which the two traded home wins.
Rennes are in their second Europa League campaign, and only managed three points in their first attempt back in 2011/12. Rennes took a 1-0 win in the Czech Republic on matchday five to beat Jablonec and that was their first away win in eight games. They followed that up with a very impressive 3-1 win at Betis. Rennes have won four of the previous six UEFA ties after having won the first leg at home.
Arsenal v Rennes Tips & Odds
Who will win – Arsenal v Rennes Predictions
The Gunners have enough scoring power behind them to get the win on the board at the Emirates. But they are vulnerable at the back and Rennes can make this interesting by getting on the scoresheet. Arsenal to win & both teams to score.
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Wycombe vs Tranmere Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th November 2019
- Newport vs Grimsby Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th November 2019
- Belgium vs Cyprus Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Germany vs Northern Ireland Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Scotland vs Kazakhstan Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Netherlands vs Estonia Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Bradford vs Shrewsbury Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Gillingham vs Sunderland Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Swindon vs Cheltenham Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
Tags: Arsenal, Arsenal europa league, Arsenal v Rennes, Europa League, Europa League odds, Rennes, Rennes Europa League