APOEL v Ajax Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th August 201919th August 2019 / lee
APOEL v Ajax Champions League Preview, 20th August 8.00pm
Ajax survived a bit of a scare in the last qualifying round but are back in the playoffs. Last season’s losing semi-finalists will be favourites to make a return to the group stage. APOEL are going to need to take advantage at home in the first leg. Read our APOEL v Ajax betting tips for more.
APOEL v Ajax Betting Odds*
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on August 18th, 2019 at 4:16 p.m.)
APOEL News and Form
APOEL started their qualification in the second qualifying round, where they took a comfortable 4-0 aggregate success over Sutjeska. It was a bit tenser for them in the third qualifying round though after losing the first leg at home against Qarabag 2-1. But they managed to turn it around with a 2-0 road success. So that is just one of their three games so far in the qualifiers which have seen both teams score. Last season APOEL lost in the Europa League playoffs. Their home form is not bad as they are W5 L1 in their last six European home games, with four clean sheets in that sequence. They are looking to make a return to the Champions League group stage for the first time since finishing bottom of the 2017/18 campaign.
APOEL v Ajax Head to Head
The only previous time that these two met was in the 2014/5 CL group stage
There was a 1-1 draw in Cyprus
Ajax won their home game 4-0
Ajax News and Form
Ajax had a tremendous run in last season’s Champions League. They came through three qualifying rounds and were just seconds away from reaching the final. They lost just two of 18 European matches last season with a W10 D6 record. Their record in the UEFA Champions League playoff is W2 L1. last season on the domestic front Ajax won the Eredivisie title for the first time since 2014 and landed the Dutch Cup.
In the third qualifying round of this season’s Champions League qualifiers, they had a real squeeze. They played out a 2-2 draw away from home and then an 85th-minute penalty from Dusan Tadic back at home, saw them ended up taking a 5-4 aggregate win. In all competitions, this season Ajax are W4 D2. They have scored at least two goals in every game played in that sequence.
APOEL v Ajax Tips & Odds
Who will win – APOEL v Ajax Predictions
It was tense and nervy stuff for both of these in the last qualifying round. But Ajax do look as if they have the goals in them to express themselves out in Cyprus. But as they are the ones out on the road then the Dutch to win by a one-goal margin looks a decent fit.
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Leeds v Derby Prediction & Betting Tips, 21st September 2019
- Rangers v Feyenoord Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th September 2019
- Manchester United v Astana Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th September 2019
- Southampton v Bournemouth Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th September 2019
- Wolves v Braga Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th September 2019
- Rennes v Celtic Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th September 2019
- Eintracht Frankfurt v Arsenal Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th September 2019
- Dinamo Zagreb v Atalanta Prediction & Betting Tips, 18th September 2019
- Bayern Munich v Red Star Belgrade Prediction & Betting Tips, 18th September 2019
Tags: Ajax, Ajax Champions League, APOEL, APOEL Champions League, APOEL v Ajax, Champions League, Champions League odds