Albania v Iceland Prediction & Betting Tips, 10th September 20199th September 2019 / lee
Albania v Iceland Euro 2020 Qualifying Preview, 10th September 7.45pm
Albania’s chances of getting to the European Championships look slim at best. They head into Tuesday’s action six points out of the top two. Iceland are one of the three teams above them who are all sat on twelve points. So they need the points to try and force their way into the top two at the expense of either France or Turkey. Read our Albania v Iceland betting tips for more.
Albania v Iceland Betting Odds*
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on September 8th, 2019 at 2:53 p.m.)
Albania News and Form
Albania were beaten heavily by France on Saturday, a 4-1 defeat in Paris. That leaves them on six points from their qualification group campaign and given that they have three teams above them each on twelve points, with just five to play, it’s not likely that they will be taking part in next summer’s finals. The two wins that they have picked up have been clean sheet wins over Andorra and Moldova.
Albania were on a five-match undefeated streak of away form in European Championship qualifiers before their reverses at Iceland and France in this group. Back in Euro 2016 qualifiers, they won at both Portugal and Serbia. They look a long way short of that kind of form though now. If you look at their current away form in competitive and friendly matches, Albania are W2 D1 L5 in their last eight.
Albania v Iceland Head to Head
Iceland are W3 L1 in their four previous games against Albania
Albania’s one success over Iceland happened in a home friendly in 2004
Both teams have scored in three of the previous four meetings
All wins recorded between the two have been by a 2-1 scoreline
Iceland News and Form
Iceland claimed a solid 3-0 home win over Moldova on Saturday to make it a three-match winning streak in the group. They seem to have recovered a bit of their form after a poor World Cup and Nations League (and everything in between). Iceland are sat at W4 L1 in the group, the only loss in the Euro 2020 qualification campaign being a 4-0 drubbing in Paris against World Champions France.
Iceland have taken a clean sheet in three of their four group wins. To at least keep pace with Turkey and France they are going to need to keep their foot on the gas with this current form going. In away games in European Championship qualifiers, Iceland are W4 L3 in their last seven such fixtures. They have both France and Turkey still to come in the campaign. They can ill afford to drop points against easier opposition.
Albania v Iceland Tips & Odds
Who will win – Albania v Iceland Predictions
Iceland have a lot more at stake in this one than Albania do, even though the door mathematically is not closed for the Albanians. But because Iceland are up in the head to head and are carrying more stable form, it’s the away win that has the most appeal.
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Wycombe vs Tranmere Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th November 2019
- Newport vs Grimsby Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th November 2019
- Belgium vs Cyprus Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Germany vs Northern Ireland Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Scotland vs Kazakhstan Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Netherlands vs Estonia Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Bradford vs Shrewsbury Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Gillingham vs Sunderland Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Swindon vs Cheltenham Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
Tags: Albania, Albania Euro 2020 Qualifying, Albania v Iceland, Euro 2020 Qualifying, Euro 2020 Qualifying odds, Iceland, Iceland Euro 2020 Qualifying