Ajax v Real Madrid Prediction & Betting Tips, 13th February 201911th February 2019 / lee
Ajax v Real Madrid Champions League Preview, 13th February 8.00pm
There is a big challenge ahead for Ajax in the round of sixteen in the Champions League. They get to face up to Spanish giants Real Madrid who are not only the reigning champions but who are looking for their fourth straight title in the tournament. Read our Ajax v Real Madrid betting tips for more.
Ajax v Real Madrid Betting Odds*
Real Madrid 17/20
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on February 10th, 2019 at 11:07 p.m.)
Ajax News and Form
Ajax got through in second place from their group, when they found themselves up against top German opposition in the form of Bayern Munich. Incidentally, Ajax drew both of their games against Bayern in the group. This is the first time since 2006 that Ajax are in the round of sixteen and have never managed to win a round of sixteen tie in the competition. They have more weight of history against them too. They are on a six-match losing streak against Real Madrid currently, shipping 20 goals and scoring just two in that sequence.
Their only previous appearance at this stage was in the 2005/06 season against Inter. Ajax are without a win in their last six knockout stage matches (D2 L4). They are currently on a five-match winless streak of form at home in knockout stage matches too. Their last home win at this stage happened against Borussia Dortmund in the 1995/96 season. Ajax have won only two of their last fourteen games against Spanish opposition (D1 L11). Their record in two-legged ties against Spanish sides though is a positive W7 D2. Ajax are undefeated in 2018/19 European games (W7 D5).
Real Madrid News and Form
Reigning champions Real Madrid have won their last nine two-legged European ties. From their previous head to head against Ajax, Real Madrid are W7 D1 L4 from twelve previous encounters. Real Madrid won a big derby match at Atletico Madrid on the weekend and that continued their much-improved form. The Spaniards have been to at least the semi finals in each of the last eight seasons of the Champions League.
Real Madrid knocked out PSG at this stage last season. Real Madrid hold as W6 L3 record from the previous two-legged tie against Dutch opposition. This is their first since meeting Vitesse in the 1992/032 UEFA Cup. Real Madrid have won five of their last six trips to the Netherlands and they are W5 D2 L1 overall there. Their only loss was against Ajax in 1995. In this season’s group stage Real Madrid finished top of Group G, despite them losing both of their games against CSKA Moscow (who finished bottom). Los Merengues have won 26 of their last 39 European matches (D7 L6).
Ajax v Real Madrid Tips & Odds
Who will win – Ajax v Real Madrid Predictions
This is a tough game for Ajax, who did alright in the group stage against Bayern in the group stage. Real Madrid have hit some good form for themselves and go and sneak themselves a narrow win in a low scoring game in Amsterdam.
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Doncaster v Crystal Palace Prediction & Betting Tips, 17th February 2019
- Swansea v Brentford Prediction & Betting Tips, 17th February 2019
- Blackburn v Middlesbrough Prediction & Betting Tips, 17th February 2019
- Bristol City v Wolves Prediction & Betting Tips, 17th February 2019
- Chelsea v Manchester United Prediction & Betting Tips, 18th February 2019
- Wigan Warriors v Sydney Roosters Winner Odds & Preview
- Sheffield United v Reading Prediction & Betting Tips, 16th February 2019
- Brighton v Derby Prediction & Betting Tips, 16th February 2019
- Aston Villa v West Brom Prediction & Betting Tips, 16th February 2019
Tags: Ajax, Ajax Champions League, Ajax v Real Madrid, Champions League, Champions League odds, Real Madrid, Real Madrid Champions League