AIK Solna v Celtic Prediction & Betting Tips, 29th August 201927th August 2019 / lee
AIK Solna v Celtic Europa League Preview, 29th August 7.45pm
Celtic have a firm foothold in this Europa League playoff tie. This isn’t where they wanted to be, of course, they wanted to be playing up in the Champions League but they crashed out of the qualifiers. A place in the Europa League Group Stage looks like being their consolation. Read our AIK Solna v Celtic betting tips for more.
AIK Solna v Celtic Betting Odds*
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on August 25th, 2019 at 8:28 p.m.)
AIK Solna News and Form
AIK have their backs against the wall now. They came into the Europa League qualifiers at the third round stage after having lost out in the Champions League qualifiers against Maribor. So they are W3 D1 L3 in their seven European fixtures this season, so a real mixed bag. They won both of their home games in the Champions League qualifiers but were held to a 1-1 tie in the Europa League third qualifying round against Sheriff. AIK are actually winless in their last four Europa League home games now (D3 L1). Each of the draws in that sequence were 1-1 results. On a positive note, they have suffered only two losses in their last nine Europa League home fixtures. Can they fight back?
AIK Solna v Celtic Head to Head
This tie is the first time AIK and Celtic have met
Celtic News and Form
So it was good work from Celtic to give themselves an advantage in this tie after taking a 2-0 win at Celtic Park. Can they push on from their now? They remained perfect for the season in the Premiership over the weekend with a win over Hearts. Celtic had started in the opening round of the Champions League qualifiers and won all four of their games in the first and second qualifying rounds. They then ran into CFR Cluj. Still, a 1-1 away draw in the first leg of that third-round tie didn’t look too bad for Celtic. It was an away goal and home soil to come.
But Celtic tanked to a devastating 3-4 home loss against Cluj, which is why they are now in the Europa League. Goals from James Forrest and Odsonne Edouard gave them the advantage in this tie. Celtic don’t actually have a great deal of Europa League form going. They are W4 L5 in their last nine in the competition. They were on a three-match losing streak (from last season’s group stage) before their win over AIK in this tie.
AIK Solna v Celtic Tips & Odds
Who will win – AIK Solna v Celtic Predictions
When it comes to Celtic in Europe, you are always going to be left a little jittery as a punter. Will they be able to maintain control in his tie? While we expect Celtic to make it all the way through, it’s worth having a look at both teams to score.
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Wycombe vs Tranmere Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th November 2019
- Newport vs Grimsby Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th November 2019
- Belgium vs Cyprus Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Germany vs Northern Ireland Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Scotland vs Kazakhstan Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Netherlands vs Estonia Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Bradford vs Shrewsbury Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Gillingham vs Sunderland Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Swindon vs Cheltenham Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
Tags: AIK Solna Europa League, AIK Solna v Celtic, Celtic, Celtic europa league, Europa League, Europa League odds, s to score on the night with the away win. AIK Solna