Aberdeen v Rijeka Prediction & Betting Tips, 15th August 201913th August 2019 / lee
Aberdeen v Rijeka Europa League Preview, 15th August 7.45pm
It has been a bit of a rocky opening to the new season for Aberdeen. Their Europa League lifeline is now hanging by a thread. They are 2-0 down against their Croatian opponents in this third qualifying round tie. Do the Dons have enough about them at Pittodrie to claw their way back into contention? Read our Aberdeen v Rijeka betting tips for more.
Aberdeen v Rijeka Betting Odds*
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on August 12th, 2019 at 8:04 p.m.)
Aberdeen News and Form
So the Dons have their work cut out for them in this tie. Extra pressure was put them over the weekend as they lost 1-0 away at St Mirren in the Scottish Premier. So that is back to back away defeats for the Dons in which they failed to score. They need a lift. At least they can look to their home form this season for a positive. They have played three and won three at Pittodrie.
In those three home games, the Dons have tallied 10 goals as well. On the flip side of that, they have conceded in all three of their home fixtures. Their Europa League campaign started in the first round with a 4-2 aggregate success of RoPS. They then thrashed Chikhura 6-1 on aggregate before this clash with Rijeka. It never looked to be an easy away first leg for them. At Pittodrie Aberdeen are unbeaten in their last nine Europa League home games, posting a W5 D4 record in that sequence. In all five of the wins in that sequence, they scored at least two goals.
Aberdeen v Rijeka Head to Head
Their first meetings happened in the 2015 Europa League
Aberdeen and Rijeka played out a 2-2 draw at Pittodrie
Things are now even in the head to head with one win each and a draw
Rijeka News and Form
That was a very good home result that Rijeka got in the first leg of this tie. Now can they follow it up and reach the playoff round? Unlike Aberdeen who started in the first round of the qualifiers, Rijeka came in at this third qualifying round. The Croatians have only suffered one defeat in their last five Europa League games played (W2 D2). Looking at their away form in the competition, they may have enough in the tank to stick in there.
They are W1 D4 L1 in their last six away Europa League games. They have failed to pick up a clean sheet in any of their last four away games in the competition, but are unbeaten in their last three on the road. Rijeka have played six games this season in all competitions and have taken a W4 L2 record from that. Both of the defeats in that sequence have happened away from home. Will they have enough to battle their way through this tie?
Aberdeen v Rijeka Tips & Odds
Who will win – Aberdeen v Rijeka Predictions
We are just a little uncertain about Aberdeen in this one. They haven’t quite hit their top gear yet and the visitors can turn up and just defend their way through this tie. This may be difficult for the Dons to Aberdeen but look the more likely to win this game.
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Sweden v Spain Prediction & Betting Tips, 15th October 2019
- Switzerland v Ireland Prediction & Betting Tips, 15th October 2019
- Greece v Bosnia Prediction & Betting Tips, 15th October 2019
- Romania v Norway Prediction & Betting Tips, 15th October 2019
- Finland v Armenia Prediction & Betting Tips, 15th October 2019
- France v Turkey Prediction & Betting Tips, 14th October 2019
- Bulgaria v England Prediction & Betting Tips, 14th October 2019
- Ukraine v Portugal Prediction & Betting Tips, 14th October 2019
- Poland v North Macedonia Prediction & Betting Tips, 13th October 2019
Tags: Aberdeen, Aberdeen Europa League, Aberdeen v Rijeka, Europa League, Europa League odds, Rijeka, Rijeka Europa League